Slow OSD 1080p

HD.

Has anybody any good ideas, there's lot of topics about this but not much help.

My problem is that OSD, especially timeline window takes 1-2 seconds to indicate any movement. Tried different skins, overlay/vmr7/9/codecs etc. Now using concinnity3d.

If I disable background, it works fine(uses broadcast PAL-resolution). So it's got something to do with resolution. If I change windows desktop resolution to 720, everything works perfect. But that's not why I bought FullHD TV.

Any idea what should I try to get it working properly?

If I change windows desktop resolution to 720, everything works perfect. But that's not why I bought FullHD TV.

You need to post more information. What CPU, what graphic card are you using? Best is to post a support.zip

Has anybody any good ideas, there's lot of topics about this but not much help.

My problem is that OSD, especially timeline window takes 1-2 seconds to indicate any movement. Tried different skins, overlay/vmr7/9/codecs etc. Now using concinnity3d.

If I disable background, it works fine(uses broadcast PAL-resolution). So it's got something to do with resolution. If I change windows desktop resolution to 720, everything works perfect. But that's not why I bought FullHD TV.

Yep, I'm in the same boat as you. I tried your suggestion of disabling background and yes it speeds up lots.

I then disabled all mouse controls from the OSD and re-enabled Background and it seems a bit better.

Yeah, sorry. It's running on AMD Athlon X2 4000+ 2GB mem, ATI Radeon HD3650 graphics card. WinXP SP3 and machine is dedicated only for DVBViewer. I'll try to have some time to do support.zip later.

Anybody reading this who had the same problem? There's been couple of guys asking about this earlier but no solutions posted. So if some of them could post if they got if working somehow.

Tried to translate it to english/finnish with google but it just goes to nonsense. Could somebody translate if there is some good solution.

Tried to translate it to english/finnish with google but it just goes to nonsense. Could somebody translate if there is some good solution.

A short summary:

More than one people have this problem. Even with powerfull hardware like 4670 they can experience this.

Most say with concinnity 3D its better (I think so too). No background is good.

Some checked differen decoders and have better times but no perfects.

I would say: for now you should live with it. Maybe future releases will change this (if its a DVB-V Problem, this is not for sure).

I think concinnity is a bit better too. decoders/settings may have a little effect but nothing but disabling background makes it good, just as your experience.

If there's lots of us, maybe somebody will take some action in order to fix it. But seems that better not hold my breath while waiting..

(if its a DVB-V Problem, this is not for sure).

Ahh, my english. I meant it is not sure that this is a DVB-V problem. It can also be drivers or other things. Otherwise everyon must have the problem.!?

But seems that better not hold my breath while waiting..

:wacko: This made me think about my genius sentence above

• 2 weeks later...

A little update, it's got lot to do with processor load.

Seems that my hardware (Twinhan TER-CI 3040) is eating lots of processor power(hardware interrupts 40-50%), even if it's not in use. If I remove that card, OSD works perfect(processor load 0-2% when idle). So I think I'll have to try and solve some hardware issues to get it working..

Do the others who have the same problem have similar case with hardware?

A little update, it's got lot to do with processor load.

Seems that my hardware (Twinhan TER-CI 3040) is eating lots of processor power(hardware interrupts 40-50%), even if it's not in use. If I remove that card, OSD works perfect(processor load 0-2% when idle). So I think I'll have to try and solve some hardware issues to get it working..

Do the others who have the same problem have similar case with hardware?

Markus is sending me a modded version of Connicity with the option to REMOVE the OSD window to hopefully reduce/remove the problem.

I'll test it and left you know.

Obviously this isn't a fix, but a workaround.

I´ve tested timeline with HD4550, DXVA on, 1080i+VA deinterlacing and pimped UVD BIOS (low GPU-voltage 1.0Volt).

High load in graph is timeline on

UVD 1,0V

UVD 1,1V (Original)

So you can see voltage-modd isn't a good idea, because higher GPU-Load.

OSD rendering+deinterlacing FullHD have an high GPU load.

HD4550 is requiered for good performance in 1080i!

Edit: With OSD-skin concinnity3d tested, my favourite.

More here in german thread: Push!

Edited by Tüftler