DiSEqC switch

voerpijl

is it possibel that the diseqc switch only works with the full version off DVBViewer.i can't find any menu to program this switch in the version that is deliverd with the ss2.i have two lnb's and will switch between those two.

i have this HANDBUCH also and read this several times but in my DVBViewer program there is nothing about diseqc.therefore my question: do i have the wrong revisionlevel of DVBViewer and must i have the fullversion of it. if not, where can i find this list to determine the adjustments for diseqc.

Well... *all* DVBViewer versions provide DiseqC adjustment, as far as I know. Select a root entry or a channel in the Channellist Window and go to the Edit Tab. If you find no possibility to select DiseqC there, post a screenshot, then we'll see...

Griga

thank you for your answer.you have right, in the edit menu there is a possibility to set the diseqc but what i try, nothing happend.my switch use a control signal: position.is this perhaps a problem?

when i change in the edit menu by diseqc for instance pos.a to pos. b must the diseqc than switch?or must i change more items? it is very difficult for me without enough instruction to understand how the diseqc is working.i can't find any instruction so i can study.please help my?

when i change in the edit menu by diseqc for instance pos.a to pos. b must the diseqc than switch?

You must click the Update Button and then retune the channel.

The easiest way is to change the DiseqC setting fora whole satellite position (= root in the tree view). Select it, go to the Edit Tab, set DiseqC and click Update. Then tune one of the channels of this sat position.

Griga

i have tried what you have written but it did not work.you write, set the diseqc, but there are 6 possibilities. i tried them all but no influence. the switch is staying on astra 19,2. is there anyone in this forum who has experience with diseqc. do i have the wrong diseqc switch? on the switch is written, control signal :position. is this perhaps not good? i hope you will find a solution for my problem.

thanks in advance. voerpijl

hallo technofriend,thanks for your answer.yes i can make a foto of the switch but how can i get it to you?the switch is something as 10 meters from my pc. i have no settopbox so i can't try to do so. i hope you can help my.

Install the patched driver for skystar2 (4.2.2 or 4.2.8 - from Saar - MyTheatre author - available in MyTheatre folder after install). When you restart windows as a first dvb application run MyTheatre. After this you can run what you want and diseqc switch will work OK!

Well at least You should mention that this driver could harm the SS2:

I know the work of Saar, and to be honest i'm not happy about the way he acts behind the scene. Keep in mind the hacked driver can harm the eeprom as well as the tuner, so i would not recommend to install this driver..

Christian

Read here:

Forum-Link

WinXP and  Win2k3

Well, I didn't say that it destroys every card within a second. I just repeated what Christian said about it.

It would probably be more interesting to know at least which hardwarerevision you have.