DVBViewer Filter+MPC Video Decoder

ricabullah

No, come on... don't tell me you didn't know this. We had this discussion several times. MPC Video Decoder still does not feature H.264 NALU/Access Unit parsing and expects the splitter to do that and deliver a whole H.264 NALU/Access Unit at a time. DVBSource does not do that. Dealing with H.264 bitstream is the responsibility of the decoder in our opinion.

No, come on... don't tell me you didn't know this. We had this discussion several times. MPC Video Decoder still does not feature H.264 NALU/Access Unit parsing and expects the splitter to do that and deliver a whole H.264 NALU/Access Unit at a time. DVBSource does not do that. Dealing with H.264 bitstream is the responsibility of the decoder in our opinion.

According to Diego, with DVB Dream you can get it to send the dvb-s stream to MPC-HC - I take it that is not possible with DVBViewer? Are you in contact with the MPC-HC developers to try and get them to add H.264 NALU/Access Unit parsing to the MPC decoder?

Edited by dvbrewer
According to Diego, with DVB Dream you can get it to send the dvb-s stream to MPC-HC - I take it that is not possible with DVBViewer? Are you in contact with the MPC-HC developers to try and get them to add H.264 NALU/Access Unit parsing to the MPC decoder?

Yes I said as workaround and trying it to see if it works or not, not to use the codec mpc into DVBV but to trying sending to the MPC HC the stream, for example with the netstreaming plugin, I tried to do it some time ago and I succed using dvbdream, I' m sure it worked but now I' m not sure MPC HC was using the MPC codec. I think so but not sure.

So as I said just give a try. And let us know how things go.