DVBViewer - codecs to view BBC HD

garywood84

Please can someone confirm whether or not DVBViewer 4.0 includes everything I need to watch (BBC) HD TV? Some other programs I've been considering require additional codecs. If this is the case with DVBViewer, where can I get these codecs from? Are there any open source/free ones available?

Thanks,

Gary

Thanks for your replies. There wasn't an HD Codec bundled with my TV card (Hauppauge WinTV Nova-S Plus), because it's not sold as an HD model. I suspect that my CPU will not be fast enough for ffdshow (P4 3.06Ghz with 1024Mb RAM), but I was hoping that the graphics card (nVidia GeForce 6200 with 256Mb RAM) would just about cope! (Of course, this is all fairly old kit, but I don't really want to upgrade any components, because I'm planning to replace the entire system in the near future).

I did read elsewhere that the Cyberlink codecs were good and didn't require as much CPU power as some alternatives. Is there any way to get these without having to buy a Cyberlink product? If I download the trial version, are the codecs trials too, or can I extract/use those even after the full product expires?

Thanks,

Gary

I did read elsewhere that the Cyberlink codecs were good and didn't require as much CPU power as some alternatives. Is there any way to get these without having to buy a Cyberlink product? If I download the trial version, are the codecs trials too, or can I extract/use those even after the full product expires?

Thanks,

Gary

Cyberlink codecs will not give acceleration with h.264/AVC using your graphics card- you could try Core AVC which uses CPU but is slightly more efficient than ffdshow.