Network Streamer

AndrueC

At present I'm playing back my recordings using a desktop in the lounge connected to my TV with a DVI->HDMI and phono cable. This is obviously not ideal. What I'd like is to have a network streamer box under the TV. I already have experience of this for music as I've owned a Roku SB3 for a couple of years now.

I'd be very interested to hear suggestions from anyone here that has done this. What I'd really like is a streamer with a built-in BluRay player. The PS3 is one option but a friend has been having problems getting it to play the TS streams I've given him.

One thing to bear in mind:I went through three audio players before I found one (the SB3) that was stable and reliable. I'd really like to skip that phase this time round. If a streamer is 'mostly okay but hangs occasionally' or 'brilliant, but doesn't like the colour green on Wednesdays' then it's not for me. I want something that just plays streams when asked from beginning to end without a glitch.

My setup is currently:

DVBViewer running on a server in my study. Network connection would be Gigabit Ethernet.

There's no great urgency but it's something I'm looking to purchase sometime in the next few months.

Edited by AndrueC