TransEdit 3.2.7 Beta Test

Thanks for feedback. Seems we have to change the proceeding for TT devices in the following way:

- Initialize the device

- Switch LNB power on

- 250 ms delay (hopefully) giving DiSEqC equipment sufficient time to power up.

- Perform first tuning resp. send the first DiSEqC command.

Hi,

i've downloaded the new versions for transedit and dvb viever -> now it works!

Thank you very much!!

Ognian

• 3 weeks later...
Another question: Does switching to a different sat position depend on the type of transponder that has been tuned *before*? E.g. does it work if it is a horizontal/vertical or low band (22 khz off) transponder? I'm asking that because the DiSEqC command is sent before the new transponder on a different sat position is actually tuned, so the type of the previous transponder may have influence.

Well Griga got great problem here with last version of transedit 3.3.0.0 , DVBViewer 4.0.1.25, and last driver from Digitalrise that is v. 1.1.1.700.

the driver works perfectly with digital tv 3.4 (the software from Digitalrise and twinhan) and also with Progdvb (last version).

But with last DVBViewer and transedit symply doesn't move anything.

With older dvbviever and transedit beta i was finding a rule for the malfunctiong but it was hardly to do what you proposed.

every time I have to go out and seeing if the rotor move or not, and with all tryings i did I can only confirm that with DVBViewer older betas I have to try replayback 2 or 3 channels on same sat (but different transponder) to surely playback the channel on a sat, swicthing it from a different sat.

Hoping you can fix or say me what to do for fix the problem in older and newer version of DVBViewer and transedit, I send you my best regards. :biggrin:

Edited by Diego
  • 1 month later...

Hello Griga, I have just recently purchased brand new model of DVB-S2 PCIe card from DVB World, model nr. DW2005. I have tried DiseqC 1.3 (USALS) support included in the TransEdit 3.3.1.0 and DVBViewer Pro 4.0.1.60 but with no real success. Here are my findings:

1. Positioner support is not detected by the TransEdit, .ini edit Vendor.0=0 to Vendor.0=14 enabled Positioner console but:

2. Positioner console is able to drive motor EAST/WEST/STORED PRESET, even Store Preset seems to be working. However Go to Angular Pos. doesn't move the dish, just the "Ding" sound sounds immediatelly when I press the button. Site data and calculated Motor Angle are O.K. and the dish supports USALS (used by desktop receiver before).

3. DVBViewer Pro just tunes to transp. no dish move at all on exported stations, positioner setup verifyed in ChannelEditor.

It looks to me that just the USALS commands are not transmited but basic motor control commands work well. Please, do you have any idea, what can be wrong ?

Thank you,

R.S.

P.S.: I am in a direct contact with the driver developer from DVB World in China, so if you need some details from them or want some changes in their driver to be made for better support (I've read about he problems with power-on before DiseqC send maybe that could be changed by them) just send me a note and I can pass it to him.

support.zip

Hello Griga, I have just recently purchased brand new model of DVB-S2 PCIe card from DVB World, model nr. DW2005. I have tried DiseqC 1.3 (USALS) support included in the TransEdit 3.3.1.0 and DVBViewer Pro 4.0.1.60 but with no real success. Here are my findings:

1. Positioner support is not detected by the TransEdit, .ini edit Vendor.0=0 to Vendor.0=14 enabled Positioner console but:

2. Positioner console is able to drive motor EAST/WEST/STORED PRESET, even Store Preset seems to be working. However Go to Angular Pos. doesn't move the dish, just the "Ding" sound sounds immediatelly when I press the button. Site data and calculated Motor Angle are O.K. and the dish supports USALS (used by desktop receiver before).

3. DVBViewer Pro just tunes to transp. no dish move at all on exported stations, positioner setup verifyed in ChannelEditor.

It looks to me that just the USALS commands are not transmited but basic motor control commands work well. Please, do you have any idea, what can be wrong ?

Thank you,

R.S.

P.S.: I am in a direct contact with the driver developer from DVB World in China, so if you need some details from them or want some changes in their driver to be made for better support (I've read about he problems with power-on before DiseqC send maybe that could be changed by them) just send me a note and I can pass it to him.

support.zip

I have probably identified the problematic "spot": when I use just integral number in Site data definition, the dish moves ! But of course not to a perfect position, but few satelites work now! I think there is some problem with handling of decimal numbers because if I enter decimal number in my Longitude (14.3 E - I'am in Prague) then it stops working and even Extended DiseqC commands in diseqC.xml contain 00 00 as a last bytes for all different positions. I have used Czech Regional setting before, switched to US English now, but it still doesn't work, maybe a reboot of Windows could help, but I am unable to do it now.

Positioner support is not detected by the TransEdit, .ini edit Vendor.0=0 to Vendor.0=14 enabled Positioner console

Will be fixed in the next release. DVBWorld devices are difficult to detect, because the naming doesn't follow a consistent scheme.

and even Extended DiseqC commands in diseqC.xml contain 00 00 as a last bytes for all different positions.

That's by design. The zero bytes are just placeholders. TransEdit & DVBViewer Pro > 4.0.0 (still beta) calculate the command each time when reading it from the DiSEqC.xml (based on the orbital position and latitude/longitude), not when writing it, in order to keep it up-to-date. Thus if the latitude/longitude change the command remains valid.

However Go to Angular Pos. doesn't move the dish, just the "Ding" sound sounds immediatelly when I press the button.

Which means, calculating the command fails, because the latitude is not within a valid range of 0° < latitude < 90°, or the call passing the command to the driver fails resp. returns an error code - some drivers don't just send a DiSEqC command, but check and even manipulate it :D. Maybe the driver gets into difficulties with commands consisting of 5 bytes, dunno...

Please note: Additionally a transponder list representing the desired satellite position must be selected in the TransEdit Main Window, because the Angular Positions command refers to an orbital position (see manual).

I think there is some problem with handling of decimal numbers

I don't think so, because it works in other cases (as reported by users). The regional settings should have no influence, because TransEdit always uses a dot as decimal separator.

DVBViewer Pro just tunes to transp. no dish move at all on exported stations

Most likely because it doesn't detect the device as DVBWorld. I've informed Lars about the matter.

BTW: If you want to read more about our experience with DVBWorld devices & DiSEqC:

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=32889

and particularly

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?...st&p=237643

Personally I wouldn't recommend DVBWorld for people who need DiSEqC... others like Hauppauge, TechnoTrend, FireDTV seem to do a better job.

Will be fixed in the next release. DVBWorld devices are difficult to detect, because the naming doesn't follow a consistent scheme.

That's by design. The zero bytes are just placeholders. TransEdit & DVBViewer Pro > 4.0.0 (still beta) calculate the command each time when reading it from the DiSEqC.xml (based on the orbital position and latitude/longitude), not when writing it, in order to keep it up-to-date. Thus if the latitude/longitude change the command remains valid.

Which means, calculating the command fails, because the latitude is not within a valid range of 0° < latitude < 90°, or the call passing the command to the driver fails resp. returns an error code - some drivers don't just send a DiSEqC command, but check and even manipulate it :D. Maybe the driver gets into difficulties with commands consisting of 5 bytes, dunno...

Please note: Additionally a transponder list representing the desired satellite position must be selected in the TransEdit Main Window, because the Angular Positions command refers to an orbital position (see manual).

I don't think so, because it works in other cases (as reported by users). The regional settings should have no influence, because TransEdit always uses a dot as decimal separator.

Most likely because it doesn't detect the device as DVBWorld. I've informed Lars about the matter.

Thank you for clarification, I was confused, because in diseqc.xml I can see something like this:

<section name="Commands2">

<entry name="0192">W100 [E0 31 6E E0 5C]</entry>

<entry name="0235">[E0 31 6E 00 00]</entry>

<entry name="0230">W100 [E0 31 6E 00 00]</entry>

</section>

so I thought that E0 31 6E is go to angular and E0 5C is a parameter, while 00 00 are incorectly calculated, obviously that's something else. Could you please check for me, what's the difference in full DiseqC sequence for:

1. Orbital Pos.: 23.5°E, Latitude: 50N, Longitude: 14.0E, Motor Angle is 10.52E

and

2. Orbital Pos.: 23.5°E, Latitude: 50N, Longitude: 14.1E, Motor Angle is 10.41E

Because while first one works fine, the second one "dings" and the only difference is the extra 0.1 degree Eastern Longitude. If you can give me the calculated diseqC sequences for both cases as you are sending them to the driver, I can ask the developer of the driver to verify that it's passed through un-modified.

BTW: If you want to read more about our experience with DVBWorld devices & DiSEqC:

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=32889

and particularly

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?...st&p=237643

Personally I wouldn't recommend DVBWorld for people who need DiSEqC... others like Hauppauge, TechnoTrend, FireDTV seem to do a better job.

I have read both of them, but haven't found the same case, when something works and something doesn't. Btw, you know any other PCIe DVB-S2 card than DVB World available for delivery ? I haven't found one and I have very bad experience with USB based ones, so that's why I've decided for DVBW as I do not have any PCI slot in my PC.

Astra 23.5° E, Latitude 50° N:

Longitude 14.0 E: E0, 31, 6E, E0, A8

Longitude 14.1 E: E0, 31, 6E, E0, A7

FireDTV is FireWire-based. Quite expensive, very reliable.

If you're looking for new transponders and feeds, firedtv is not recommendable cos it needs all parameters. Frequency, polarisation,symbol rate is not enough. FEC and modulation has to be entered as well. For me this is not acceptable :D

Hello Griga, I am pretty sure there must be some bug in TransEdit, because as you can see from my included part of diseqc.xml file, the row with

<entry name="0192">W100 [E0 31 6E E0 5C]</entry>

was added when I have entered in Extended editor for Astra 19.2E Wait 100 then Goto Angular position 19.2E and my Longitude was setup to 14E (LAT 50N), which corresponds to Motor Angle 5.76E which corresponds to E0 5C data bytes in diseqC sequence stored (I've learned how to convert Motor Angle to DiseqC command packet as my today's homework :D )! But as you have said, that should not be stored and yes usually I get only 00 00 as databytes now, when trying again, and I've got the same zeroes when I have entere decimal local longitude, but believe me, yesterday night I was getting the values stored as inidicated and I have had no idea how to even interpret them not mentionig to create them.

Btw, you know any other PCIe DVB-S2 card than DVB World available for delivery ? I haven't found one and I have very bad experience with USB based ones, so that's why I've decided for DVBW as I do not have any PCI slot in my PC.

TBS 6920 pci-e.

I have no experience with it, don't have one. I researched it, a few guys using Linux have it, but not many. The only way to acquire it was direct through China.

But as you have said, that should not be stored

That's not what I've said. It simply doesn't matter what is stored as data bytes because they are recalculated anyway.

That's not what I've said. It simply doesn't matter what is stored as data bytes because they are recalculated anyway.

O.K., then, but I still have a problem with it, so my question is: is there any chance to get some more debugging information from TransEdit other than the ding sound ? As currently it looks like it works for some motor angles but doesn't work for other, while all diseqc sequences must be pretty similar, so I expect that the problem is in the driver, but I would like to have some error code or whatever is reported back, so I can ask the driver developer to verify it . As well I would like to know, which method do you use for diseqc command send, I expect is't based on the example from SDK here, but I just want to be sure before contacting them.

is there any chance to get some more debugging information from TransEdit

Sorry, no.

I expect is't based on the example from SDK here

Sure, what else?

The driver seems to try a validation of the DiSEqC command, but it does it in a wrong way, or applies something that is meant for other commands, thus rejecting data bytes that are regarded as invalid. We already had that (AzureWave/Twinhan). Looks like the driver resp. the developer has no idea what angular position commands are and how they should look like. Explain it to him.

@Derrick: DVBWorld is Conexant based, so it can't get worse.

@starman345: not even picture of that TBS 6920 card available on their site, no driver in the download section, so support in Vista (and 64-bit version with SP1 requires signed drivers) cannot be confirmed. So that's not a viable option to me.

@Griga: the driver developer in China insist that there is not any validation performed in their BDA driver and the command is just passed to the bus. So I am not in Fox Mulder's situation, I do not know "Where's the truth ?". I am expecting delivery of another PCIe and olde PCI cards from them soon, so I will give it a try and I will try different PC with Windows XP and then Vista and Vista 64-bit, as that's the only thing which may be wrong now. Or have you or somebody else tried DVBWorld's card (of any kind) with Vista 64-bit as I do ? Probably I will have to build DiseqC cable bus analyzer during this comming holiday to check what's going on the bus, but if the data get lost somewhere between the application and the drive then this will not be of much help. Don't you have or know about some really simple application, which could be used just for simple DiseqC sequence send-out, I'am not a real C programmer, so I'am affraid I will not be able to make it myself using their SDK, but I beileve that might help to me to find out what could be wrong.

not even picture of that TBS 6920 card available on their site, no driver in the download section, so support in Vista (and 64-bit version with SP1 requires signed drivers) cannot be confirmed. So that's not a viable option to me.

Did you inquire on their site about drivers? I e-mailed back and forth with the developer a few times a month or so ago, he assured me drivers were available, I don't know about 64 bit but if you are needing pci-e only its worth asking? They have a forum if you want to pick his brain, do a search.