Help with Video Renderers

JonBunt

Hi there

I really need some help with the video renderers. I can only use the Overlay Mixer, and would like to use the others that are available.

I have done a fresh Windows XP Pro install, and am using PowerDVD8 codecs.

When I choose VM7 or VM9 the picture is OK in full screen mode but not when it is in a window (it displays the picture in the top left hand quarter but the rest of window is green and purple lines).

If I choose EVR DVBViewer crashes after 3-4 seconds, and I have to use the Wizard to reset back to Overlay mixer.

I also have Microsoft .NET framework 3.5 installed which I beleive you need for the EVR renderer to work in Windows XP.

One other strange thing was the VM9 renderer was working fine in both Full screen and window modes, until I installed logitech setpoint 4.7 for my Keyboard.

Could it be a conflict or am I missing something that I need to do?

Although the EVR renderer has never worked.

Doing a system restore before the Logitech software was installed makes no difference either.

If anyone can shed any light on this it would be much appreciated. Its really baffling me now! :)

Can I ask what graphics card and driver you are using? I have had a weird problem with 8.12 Catalyst on DVBViewer- see my post here where I get green borders to all video using VMR7/9 and EVR. It goes away if I use Overlay, but this is no good as it shows a really dark image (it did that on 8.10 Catalyst with 4.0 and recent BETAs ). This doesn't happen on any other video player or DVB application. I think a recent update might have broken something in the renderers as I am sure I could use Overlay before and the dark problem (and now the 'green' problem on VMR7/9/EVR) wasn't there.

I am using the 780G motherboard with onboard HD3200, and using 8.12 also.

As I stated though VMR7 & VMR9 were working OK until I installed either Logitech driver for LX710 keyboard and mouse or Microsoft Media Player 11.

Although EVR has never worked, just get a green blank screen.

Hmm you are using exactly the same chipset as me. Do you have Pre-format detection ticked for video and audio in Settings>Options>DirectX? I really don't understand my problem at all as all my other video players & DVB applications work no problem. Maybe I should try and reinstall... if that fails, try 3.9.4?

No I don't have them ticked, but if I tick them it doesn't make any difference.

The bizarre thing with mine is when viewing in full screen its fine. The problem is when I am viewing the channel in Window view.

I was wondering whether it was a driver conflict, but it doesn't make any sense to me that it works fine full screen but not in the Window view.

If you try a reinstall or go back a version, let me know how it went.

I was thinking it maybe worth trying to uninstall the 8.12 graphics driver, and then reinstalling again or going back to the driver that came with my motherboard.

Edited by JonBunt

OK, this is very weird, JonBunt has solved this problem for both of us with 780G and 8.12 Catalyst....by setting the NVidia VMR Fix!

Has anyone any idea why the NVidia VMR fix is now needed for ATi cards with the new 8.12 Catalyst? It is actually only needed for H.264 video, for MPEG2 both VMR fix tick boxes, Nvidia and yuv mixing mode can be unselected to remove the mysterious 'green'...... :)

Mmmh, maybe you language file isn't correctly translated: it's more than a year that the "NVidia VMR Fix" has to be translated in simply "VMR Fix" or "nVIDIA/ATi VMR Fix"...

look here the advice about it...

:ermm:

Mmmh, maybe you language file isn't correctly translated: it's more than a year that the "NVidia VMR Fix" has to be translated in simply "VMR Fix" or "nVIDIA/ATi VMR Fix"...

look here the advice about it...

:ermm:

Thanks for the link. I am using the English version of DVBViewer 4.0, I uninstalled all the old files so it looks like the correction hasn't been applied? What is odd is that I definitely didn't need this fix with older catalysts (8.10 the most recent)- only with 8.12 has it become necessary. Stranger it appears that in DVD codec if YUV mixing is selected there is no green problem and it reduces CPU use about 4%.

Edited by dvbrewer