Repeating weekly show recordings

iwens

I kinda wondered if i missed something in DVBViewer, becouse it seems such an basic option that i actually cannot believe it isn't possible without plugins.

I would like to record my favorite weekly show's on showname, like for instance i would like to record friends weekly, in my previous used software gb-pvr i just clicked on the show in epg and selected repeating recording. It would then scan for the episode friends and would record it if found. U also had then an option to limit it to 1 channel or an pesific day. It would then record the show friends every week without interaction of me.

The only way i can get this to work currently is with epg plus, but lately i get an lot of bugs with it, so i rather would use an build in function.

So is the above possible with DVBViewer ? or should i go back to gb-pvr or windows media center which can do this build in.

From the doc of gb-pvr

This explains the different types of recordings:

Record Once Records the show once

Record Season (all episodes on this channel) records everything with that shows title on that channel

Record Season (all episodes in this daily timeslot, this channel) records everything with that shows title on that channel, on the day that you are setting it up, within the AllowableTimeslotVariance

Record Season (all episodes in this weekly timeslot, this channel) records everything with that shows title on that channel, on any day, within the AllowableTimeslotVariance

Note: AllowableTimeslotVariance is a setting in the config.xml file, it controls the automatic scheduling of shows when their timeslot shifts. Examples:

A show scheduled for 8:00 is pushed to 9:00 for one week, because of another program. if AllowableTimeslotVariance is greater than 60 minutes, this show will still be recorded (this change in the schedule MUST be in the EPG).

A show scheduled for 8:00 always has the previous week’s episode aired before it at 7:30. If AllowableTimeslotVariance is greater than 30 minutes, this show will be recorded (providing it isn’t excluded for other reasons, such as “don’t record duplicates”).

AllowableTimeslotVariance defaults to 90 minutes.

Edited by iwens