Matroska aspect ratio not correct

xxxzanka

I use dvbv 4.0.

The aspect ratio of mkv (containig x.264 video) is not correct using vmr7, vmr9 o evr rendering?

It is correct if I use overlay mixer, but I can't use it because it gave me problems on dvbt channels (jerky video).

Some suggetions?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
The problems about correct aspect ratio of 16:9 DV files disappear if I use concinnity OSD (16:9 skin)!!!

Why display aspect ratio depend on osd skin aspect ratio???

Who knows, what renderer are you using? Have you not considered using the Cyberlink or Pinnacle codec to get DXVA?

It is very strange because the final aspect ratio for matroska and DV files depend on the combination of these 2 elements:

- osd skin

- rendering

but it seems to be codec independent.

Besides for DV files it is not possible to specify a preferred codec in DVBViewer (or I am not able to do that)

What a mess.

I think it is a bug that aspect ratio depends on the osd skin dimensions...

It is very strange because the final aspect ratio for matroska and DV files depend on the combination of these 2 elements:

- osd skin

- rendering

but it seems to be codec independent.

Besides for DV files it is not possible to specify a preferred codec in DVBViewer (or I am not able to do that)

What a mess.

I think it is a bug that aspect ratio depends on the osd skin dimensions...

Have you tried setting the Cyberlink decoder instead of ffdshow?