Does DVBViewer Support 8 LNB at the same time?

Reza Sadeghi

I am using Technisat Skystar USB 2 HD CI and 4 LNB pointed on 4 different Satellites on Windows XP-SP2.

my question is that :

can i use 8 LNB like 4 LNB at the same time by using DVBViewer or not?

because whenever i Scan the Satellite i just have option to select 4 output of my DiseqC (Nokia 4 output)

so i did not know if i add another 4 LNBs too can i use 8 LNB at the same time or not?

Thank you.

DiSEqC 1.2 has been confirmed by a German user as working with a TechniSat SkyStar HD (not "HD2"), which is a relabeled TT 3200.

Any chance 1.1 might work with the new beta?

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your Replies.

I try to show you the way i need to use DVBViewer to reach more than 4 LNB at the same time by these pictures i attached in this post.

could you please tell us which one is the correct way and DVBViewer will support ?

I have 2 Nokia DiSEqC 4 to 1 Switch.

so what else do i need exactly to watch TV Channels from 8 LNB at the same time by DVBViewer on Technisat Skystar USB 2 HD CI ?

post-72372-1234549131_thumb.jpg

post-72372-1234549184_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I'd try the latest DVBViewer Pro Beta. It makesDiSEqC 1.1 handling much easier than version 4.0.

Everything you need to know about DiSEqC can be found in the TransEdit manual:

http://www.DVBViewer.com/griga/TransEdit%2...SEqC.html#Title

Please take note of the "Hints for DVBViewer Pro" sections.

Dear Griga, Hello!

The question about using DVBV with DISEQ 1.1 (or 8x1) turns-up on this forum from time to time, and I didn't find even one thread with a clearly explained solution. Seems like people are just giving up after reading all your enigmatic manuals and replies here. I'm sure that a lot of people will be grateful if you'd be so kind as to explain in simple terms or give an example on how to configure 8 LNBs connected to DISEQ 1.1 with a standard tt-3200 (or any supported card).

I'm sure that a lot of people will be grateful if you'd be so kind as to explain in simple terms or give an example on how to configure 8 LNBs connected to DISEQ 1.1

You are expecting too much. I have no practical experience with DiSEqC 1.1 equipment. All I know is theory - just enough to do do some related programming, to write the manual and to understand feedback from experienced users/testers.

The required configuration may vary considerably depending on the kind of switches/LNBs and how they are connected. So I think it's not possible to generally describe how the configuration must look like. The TransEdit manual contains all the help I can give.

• 10 months later...

Well I want to give feedback on using diseqc 1.1 with TT S2-3200. In short it works - I have setup cascade of 8port 1.1 switch + 4 port 1.0 switch with dvbv 4.2.1.0

I have set it as for example like this:

1) Switch Uncommited 5

2) Internal Delay 100

3) Switch Commited [unchanged] 3 (A/:)

So the actual hardware setup is:

|TT S2-3200| -> | 5th port on EMP-Centauri P.168-W V2 | -> | A/B port on 1.0 switch| -> LNB

Hope helps someone.

• 1 month later...

I use this configuration :

Dish - maximum T85/E85 :

- 28.5E - lnb alps single

- 19,2E + 16 E - lnb inverto monobloc single 3"

- 13 E - lnb alps single

- 5E + 1W - lnb inverto monobloc twin 6"

28,5 - 19.2E - 16E -13E -5E -1W is connected to a diseqc 4/1 globo (4/1) in cascade to DVBViewer and other output ( 5E + 1W ) is connected to dreambox.

I use this configuration from almost 2 years and all works great!

P.S. : Soon I will put another monobloc lnb (4") on 13E + 9E.

Edited by ovidiumarius
  • 3 years later...

Hoorrraaa

it works.

now i'm using DVBViewer with 8 LNB at the same time by using DVB card called Technisat Skystar USB 2 HD CI.

nowadays i purchased a Diseqc 1.1 Switcher (8 Input LNB and 1 Output)

I used Extended Uncommited mode for each LNB in DVBViewer.

now it has worked without any problem.

thnak you DVBViewer developer team for this great DVB application.