Automatic selection of audio renderer

balky

Hi all,

As simple as this might seem, i just can't get it to work correctly...

I have an Asus HDAV1.3 which provides you two direct sound renderers... the directsound digital and directsound speakers.

When the TV broadcast audio is in MPEG, I want to use the directsound speaker renderer, and when the TV broadcast audio is in AC3, I want to use the directsound digital renderer...

Any ideas on how to set the auto B condition?

Thanks.

B.

When the TV broadcast audio is in MPEG, I want to use the directsound speaker renderer, and when the TV broadcast audio is in AC3, I want to use the directsound digital renderer... Any ideas on how to set the auto B condition?

The Auto B settings are applied on "Rebuild Graph", or with other words, when the whole chain of playback components is rebuilt. However, when the user switches over to another audio track, e.g. from a MPEG audio to AC3, DVBViewer does not rebuild the filter graph. It just replaces the decoder (if at all), in order to make audio track switching as fast as possible.

That's why "AC3" can't be an Auto B condition - it wouldn't work in many cases. We would like to change that, but we haven't found a "clean" solution up to now.

The Auto B settings are applied on "Rebuild Graph", or with other words, when the whole chain of playback components is rebuilt. However, when the user switches over to another audio track, e.g. from a MPEG audio to AC3, DVBViewer does not rebuild the filter graph. It just replaces the decoder (if at all), in order to make audio track switching as fast as possible.

That's why "AC3" can't be an Auto B condition - it wouldn't work in many cases. We would like to change that, but we haven't found a "clean" solution up to now.

Thanks Griga...

You can always count on me for testing whenever you have some sort of solution in the pipeline... :-)

Hi all,

As simple as this might seem, i just can't get it to work correctly...

I have an Asus HDAV1.3 which provides you two direct sound renderers... the directsound digital and directsound speakers.

When the TV broadcast audio is in MPEG, I want to use the directsound speaker renderer, and when the TV broadcast audio is in AC3, I want to use the directsound digital renderer...

Any ideas on how to set the auto B condition?

Thanks.

B.

Great idea ! Post this in the "Suggestions and ideas"