I've a big problem with DvbViewer.

riviera

Hi.

I've a problem since months (since I bougth my DVBViewer PRO license). I suffer random pc reboots pc only when DVBViewer works.

They are absolutely random and can happen 3-4 times daily or after several days.

I´ve tried ALL options:

- I've instaled differents S.O (tested in XP Pro + SP2/SP3 in differents partitions and XP Pro X64).

- I update the motherboard (DFI Infinity RS482 ) bios to last version. I also update southbridge (Ati SB450 chipset) to last version.

- I replaced my SkyStart2 by Hauppauge Wintv-HVR4000 with last drivers.

- I replaced my Nvidia Gygabyte 7600Gs by one Ati Asus HD4350 (at the moment with last Catalyst 9.1).

- Yesterday, I've bought a Corsair VX550 PSU for replace my old Antec 380W PSU (but the problem continues :blink: )

- I checked RAM memorys with especific aplications and They haven't any problem.

- The problem happens in differents partitions which are in differents disk so, hard disk are fine.

- I disabled "reboot automatically" option in Windows for capture blue screen display but reboots are immediate.

- Pc refrigeration is perfect. I control pc temperatures with SmartFan and temperature never exceeds allowable levels.

Referring to DVBViewer:

- I've used a lot of versions: 3.9.1, 3.9.2, 3.9.4 (and betas), 4.0 (at the moment).

- I use DVBViewer for to see my subcription channels (I know your policy about that but, in my case is absolutely legal) . For this purpose I use a specific plugin (located in Plugins folder) and a smartcard reader connected to one pc COM port. My server aplication does not give problems with other Dvb Players so I think that it doesn't the problem.

- This resets happens with all codec/render combinations which I tested.

I am totally hopeless with this problem and I don't know what else I can do. Please, could you help me?

Thanks.

P.D: I attached support.zip

support.zip

you should not use the software CAM, they are far more unstable.

Rename setup.xml and windowdef.xml, disable all plugins and stick to the default skin.

Restart DVBViewer and see if the problems are gone or not.

If so, post a new support.log.

Edited by Benarty

Benarty, problem continues.

I've removed all Plugins, renamed setup.xml and windowdef.xml, selected default skin and cleaned DVBViewer.log content. I restarted DVBViewer in FTA channel and in 2-3 hours pc crashed. I've noticed that with version 4.0 reboots are much frequently.

Greetings.

support.zip

riviera,

Which channels are you watching when the system crashes? FTA or subscription channels, sd or hd channels?

As Benarty said software CAMs are far more unstable and could be the problem.

Or if you watch hd channels when the pc crashes it could be that you don't have enough memory.

You should check how much memory and CPU power is used.

riviera,

Which channels are you watching when the system crashes? FTA or subscription channels, sd or hd channels?

As Benarty said software CAMs are far more unstable and could be the problem.

Or if you watch hd channels when the pc crashes it could be that you don't have enough memory.

You should check how much memory and CPU power is used.

All channels types: FTA (without CAM plugin) and encrypted channels (SD and HD).

Even I am using a plugin that allows me to watch my subscribed channels which work natively with DVBViewer (without CAM software) but same result :angry:

My system is powerful enough to work with HD channels, CPU load on encrypted HD channel is less 50% and I only need 700-800 MB of Ram memory: AMD Opteron 180 (= 4800+ Dual core), 2GB RAM, Ati HD 4350.

Thanks.

Edited by riviera

How does it reboot? Is it able to write a minidump? Have you investigated the event log?

Have you checked the memory with a long test (couple of hours)?

Try also to update the motherboard and graphic card BIOS and reset the motherboard bios to defaults!

Ok so does your computer crash when watching FTA channels only?

Yes, if I remove all plugins and change to FTA channel crash also.

How does it reboot? Is it able to write a minidump? Have you investigated the event log?

Have you checked the memory with a long test (couple of hours)?

Try also to update the motherboard and graphic card BIOS and reset the motherboard bios to defaults!

Reboots don't show blue screen. I've disabled "reboot pc" in MyPC, advanced options, but to capture blue screen is impossible.

Event viewer of "Admin tools" don't register error events..

If there is other ways to capture these sudden reboots I don't know it.

I cleaned CMOS using motherboard jumper and remove CMOS battery for reset bios to defaults values, before I flashed to last motherboard bios. Graphic card has last driver and I've teste differentes cards (Ati and Nvida) and result are the same.

Usually, I use Cyberlink v8 for sd and hd channels. Others codec I've used was Nvidia Pure Video for sd.

DVBViewer start in fullscreen in secondary extended monitor which is a tv connected by hdmi to graphic card, so I can´t use overlay mixer (this render don´t work with second monitor). Vmr7 was the best render for work with my old graphic card but with new Ati HD4550 this render shows some fix and I selected VMR9 in DirectX options.

Related with this, I've noticed than with VMR9, reboots are much more frequent than VMR7. Yesterday I decided to change the screen settings and my tv is now the primary monitor. I selected Overlay Mixer in DVBViewer and It has been running all night. I thought the problem had been solved but in the morning It has happened again. For this, I think the render mode may be the problem cause.

Thanks for your help I'm still waiting for your suggestions.

PD: DirectX was updated to last version (November 11 2008) .

I cleaned CMOS using motherboard jumper and remove CMOS battery for reset bios to defaults values, before I flashed to last motherboard bios. Graphic card has last driver and I've teste differentes cards (Ati and Nvida) and result are the same.

You should always reset the BIOS after you flashed it!

Is there a Silicon Image SATA Controller in your system?

I would highly recommend testing your memory. If you have 2 DDR Modules, take out and run it with only 1. If it still reboots, try the other remaining module.

Sorry, of course, I wanted to say that I clear CMOS and reset bios to default values after flashing bios.

I don´t find any Silicon Image SATA in my system.

I will testing memorys. But I remember that when I had only one memory module, reboots happened also.

This problem really started when I changed my single core CPU by Opteron 180 (Dual Core) processor. I liked DVBViewer for my HTPC but my CPU was not powerful enough to work with HD channels. I used MyTheatre with sd channels and no problem.

After when I changed CPU reboots appeared.

I can playback HD or others videos without problems, but when I open DVBViewer reboots are completely random.

Regards.