Unresponsive ui in 4

nomis1804

Hi, I'm having a problem where the UI buttons and menus take an annoyingly long time to do anything on the latest version of DVBViewer. This is in the main program itself not the OSD.

An example of the effect is if I drag the main window it will take about half a second to actually move which is incredibly frustrating when the whole UI is like this!

support.zip

Are you actually using the netstreaming plugin? If not, please disable it. Everything else looks ok.

I can't confirm your problem and have not heard anything like this before.

The only reason I can think of why this would happen is that your system is a bit overloaded.

I know you probably think this is not likely with a quad core cpu, but since you only have a 32bit OS you can't even use half its power.

You should consider changing to a 64 bit OS for better performance and getting the most out of that CPU (you would also need more memory if you would do this).

Are you actually using the netstreaming plugin? If not, please disable it. Everything else looks ok.

I can't confirm your problem and have not heard anything like this before.

Disabled & deleted netstreamer with no luck :biggrin:. I'll try a few more things (re-installing etc). I was hoping it would be a relatively easy fix, I just don't have the time to be playing around with things like this.

As for my pc being overloaded, I can say that this isn't the case (believe me I'd know). And as for

you can't even use half its power
:angry:

Thanks anyway, I'll post if I find a solution.

Sorry but this IS complete nonsense. But the marketing departments of Intel, MS and AMD will be pleased you fell for their phrases... ;)

Well it's not completely nonsense, I'm not going in detail (would be too far off topic) but the difference is huge.

Very strange problem, unless you have other problems on your computer I can't come up with a good reason for this.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is exactly the same problem, but I have also exerienced that sometimes the DVBViewer GUI is slow as.....well...you know...even though the system has about 98% performance left to use if needed. I have not done enough "scientific testing" though to really nail down the problem, but still, I've seen it in DVBViewer but not in any other programs (DVB or none DVB related)

I did actually find out that this only happens when DVBViewer has my card set under Options > Hardware. If I set it to "Do not use" then the UI is responsive again, but of course I can't watch anything that way!

It also only becomes unresponsive for me when watching a TV channel - it's responsive when listening to radio (radio recieved through the TV card though).

3.94 works fine.

Edited by Ashe