DVBviewer closes with no message in Windows 7

Selcal

--Hi all,

I'm trying out the beta for Windows 7 (build 7000, x32). I have a DVBViewer system running with no problems on Vista on another partition. So this is just a side-project for me, but the problem exists nontheless, and you may be interested or even have a solution. My searches have turned up nothing on this particular problem.

When I run DVBViewer all runs exactly as expected, but after about 5-10 minutes, DVBViewer just closes. No error messages, no DEP warning, nothing. Just gone with no hint as to why... Any ideas? I've tried different renderers and different decoders to no avail. I've also played with the hardware settings.

I've attached the support.zip as requested. Further info:

•exact TV-card modell and useed driver version

Terratec Cinergy C PCI HD. Driver version 1.1.0.601.

•type and chipset of the mainboard

Mainboard Asus P5N7A-VM with Nvidia Geforce 9300/nForce 730i chipset

•graphics card and useed driver version

Build-in Geforce 9300, driver 7.15.11.8122

Thanks for your input :bye:.

support.zip

Edited by Tjod
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a similar problem here:

DVBViewer will first leave fullscreen mode and a few (10-30) seconds later it exits. It doesn't crah, but exits normally (playback position is saved)

I have yet to find a "trigger" for this behaviour.

Make sure that Username and Password are correct.

Open regedit with Administrator rights and seach for CM&V and compare Username and Password with thhem from the eMail make shour that thay are the seme (case sensitivity).

There is a bug in the 4.0.0 Version that in a case of wrong data no message appears.

I've disabled all the plugins to double-check, but the problem persists.

Unfortunately, the above suggestion hasn't cleared the problem, DVBViewer still closes with no message... It takes about 3-5 minutes.

Deinstall it completly with userdata folder and program folder. The install it again and make sure (like in really really sure) you enter the userdata correctly.

I tried, but same result.... Sorry.

I had same problem 1 hour ago. I bougth DVBViewer yesterday. Now it seems solved (1 hour working continuously).

What have I do:

-Uninstall DVBViewer

-Remove manually the folder

-Remove CM&V key in registry (search it in registry)

-IMPORTANT: REMOVE C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Program data\CMUV\DVBViewer\ (or similar)

-Reinstall application with your key

Regards (and sorry for my english, I'm from Spain)

I forgot to say that I have Windows XP, not W.7

I tried it... No help.

I won't have time in the near future to test things with Windows 7, so I'll let it rest for now.

• 1 month later...

Please Selcal can you tell me what gpu have you? I have a GTX295 and windows seven, asd as you DVBViewer crash in 2 o 3 minutes but I don´t have any motion in the screen, always it´s in black.

Thanks

My DVBViewer 4.0 crashes too, like Selcal discribed. A month ago, when I used Win Vista x64, DVBViewer crash in the same way (nothig appear, just close). When build 7068 of Win7 gets out, I did a fresh install of all programs (for sure) and the bug remains. It happens more often when I'm watching a .avi movie.

Now I see a detail: 5 seconds before closing, all windows (including main window, channel and epg) went to top of all windows (like always on top), and then after 5 seconds, DVBViewer closed.

Please resolve this bug!

PS: my graphic card is ATI 4870 and my PCTV card is skystar 2.

I jumped in feet first and upgraded my HTPC from Vistax86 to Windows7 x86 RC, with DVBViewer 4.1

I've noticed that if I leave DVBViewer as windowed after a few minutes it just disappears but if I maximise then it will run fine. Since I always maximise it's not a problem. :)

Apart from that everything else seems fine so far.

The HTPC is using DVBViewer as a client as I run the RecordingService on the server, so maybe others are having driver issues?

Please Selcal can you tell me what gpu have you? I have a GTX295 and windows seven, asd as you DVBViewer crash in 2 o 3 minutes but I don´t have any motion in the screen, always it´s in black.

Thanks

Sorry for the delay in getting back .... Been a bit busy. I use build-in graphics on the nForce 740i Nvidia 9300 gpu.

However, I have now installed Win7 RC, and DVBViewer 4.0.0 and 4.1.1 work fine now.... :P

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I recently installed Windows 7 x64 French, but DVBViewer exit after 20 minutes with message "try with administrator" !

I make a regedit with:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CM&V\DVBViewer]

"Username"="mylogin"

"Password"="mypass

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\CM&V\DVBViewer]

"Username"="mylogin"

"Password"="mypass"

I execute it with administrator, same problem !

Please help me !

This may be related. I use Win7 and the latest DVBViewer. I also get a crash, after an hour or so, it says:

"Error in DVBViewer data, please install with the correct date"

I have clean installed after deleting all folders, including the CUMV folder, but still it crashes with this date error.....

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I will try to get a screen shot next time.....

OK I read the error wrong, here it is:

newbitmapimagec.th.jpg

"Error in Userdata! Please install the DVBViewer with the correct data!"

EDIT: I will re-install as an administrator, strange, never needed to do that with Vista, I hope that fixes it.....

Edited by Mickey Padge
  • 4 weeks later...

I am getting the same problem. DVBViewer will close itself with no warnings or error messages (appears to happen only while recording, is fine while not recording). Doesn't matter if it's fullscreen or not, doesn't matter what encoders I select either. I am using version 4.0 and uninstalled/reinstalled which was no help (Yes, I removed the several folders relating to DVBViewer as well as the registry entry).

Any ideas? Running Vista Home Premium x64 with XFX Radeon 4890 graphics card.

Edited by gohan2091
  • 2 weeks later...

I am tired of DVBViewer since version 3.9 a can't get it work perfectly, it crach every 30 mn or i get an error message "run as administrator" or "user data bla bla bla..."

I am a legal owner of this softwar wich i paid with my money and its unacceptable.

I just leave it and turn to free and good DVB player

Astalavista DVBViewer

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem like selcal's described in the first post of this thread. My configuration is same like selcal's - Asus P5N7A-VM with integrated nvidia 9300 graphics, but Windows XP. DVBViewer exits without any warning after some time - on HD channels earlier then on SD channels. Last channel is not saved. I tried different codecs but with same issue (ffmpeg, coreavc). I tried DVBViewer 4.1 and 4.2. Problem is not caused by wrong userdata.

I tried reinstal older nvidia driver - with driver version 180.48 is problem solved, with newer persists. Problem with CUDA drivers? Anybody has same experience?

Edited by rufus007
  • 8 months later...

Hello all,

My first post...

I have buy dvbwiwer last week, install on Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Original. o:)

DVBViewer crashes without any messages, sometimes working 1hour, sometimes 10mn... :)

Some times have the message "run as administrator", but when I do it I have same message....

I don't understand, I have try with last beta version too, same thing...

grrr I don't like and don't can understand this software is buged and I have pay for this.... :angry:

Sorry for my poor english, I'm french...

If anyone have solved this problem...

Thx to all

EDIT: Just for say I use an ATI video cards, and I have install on an "clean" computer (no previous version of DVBViewer on it), same thing...

Edited by bisnn