No Hardware Available

EnzoF1

Hiya,

I have a problem which might be difficult to explain. But I'll give it a try anyways, because I'm getting nowhere with this trying to solve it on my own.

So this is the situation:

I have one main PC, I'm going to name it RU01 and a secondary machine which I will name RU02 for this explanation.

RU02 used to be by main machine before I upgraded to a quad-core (RU01). On RU02, I was using a TwinhanDTV CAB-CI 2033 (Mantis) DVB-C card in combination with a Alphacrypt 3.08 CAM module. DVBViewer obviously was my prefered choice of software and everything worked just fine. Then I upgraded to RU01, but I left all the hardware in RU02, with the exception of my capture card (I also use the same HDD in RU02, no software has been removed or changed).

I bought a second capture card (TwinhanDTV CAB-CI 2033 (Mantis)) and CAM Module (Alphacrypt 3.08) for RU02, so basically the entire system is exactly the same way as it was BEFORE I moved my capture card to RU01. However, when I'm running DVBViewer on RU02 and want to view a channel, DVBViewer tells me that there's "No hardware available". The capture card is visible in Windows, so are the drivers and DVBViewer also tells me that I'm using the Twinhan as my capture device.

So I am kinda confused why I'm getting the "no hardware available" error in DVBViewer. Could it be that because I originally installed Twinhan RU01 on RU02, DVBViewer is giving me this error message because it is expecting Twinhan RU01 to be in there¿ I must add that after I installed the Twinhan card on RU02 and launched Windows, it did tell me I had new hardware and installed all necessary software and drivers. If I would re-install Windows, could that solve my problem...¿ Are there any other things I can/should try...¿

RU01:

CPU: Intel Core2 Quad-core Q8300

RAM: 4GB DDR2-800

CARD: TwinhanDTV CAB-CI 2033 (Mantis)

CAM: Alphacrypt 3.08

I-net: Yes, connected

RU02:

CPU: AMD64 AthlonXP Dual-Core

RAM: 1GB DDR2-800

CARD: TwinhanDTV CAB-CI 2033 (Mantis)

CAM: Alphacrypt 3.08

I-Net: No, not connected

If any additional information is required, please let me know....

I didn't need to do a re-install of DVBViewer, all the software on RU02 was still there...I only changed capture cards / CAM modules...Reinstalling will become a problem though, I do not have i-net on RU02 (yet) and there's no optical drive in it either. :D

You don't need a Internet connection to Install the DVBViewer (you are than only not able to download additional components during the installation).

there's no optical drive in it either.
You have no USB flash drive?

Just install the DVBViewer over the existing version.

Everything you have downloaded for the installation is in the \setup folder. You just have to install it by hand, mostly extracting it into the programfolder but better be save than sorry and DO read the readme in each archive for installation instructions...

Well I reinstalled DVBViewer from scratch, but I'm still getting the same error..."No hardware available". I'm gonna check with some other capture software to see if the same problem persists. I prefer to use DVBViewer, but I'm just performing some checks to see whether it's the capture software or the capture device drivers that might be the problem. If all else fails, I am going to do a full re-install of the entire system, winblows included...

Another update: I reinstalled my capture drivers and things finally seem to work now. In fact, I'm getting a better signal on RU02 than on RU01. :) There's just one issue that I can't seem to solve or understand. If I load DVBViewer I can pick up a channel within seconds, but I can't switch channels. It's like it can't launch the channel for some reason. The CAM module and card has been tested on two machines, it worked just fine on RU01. Any ideas....¿

Also, the video seems to randomly stop every now and then for a second, like every 5 minutes or every two minutes. The audio keeps going on, it's just the video. I tried several different video codecs and rebuild the graphs after changing. Nothing seems to matter...

Edited by EnzoF1