No sound on TF1 HD channel

Benjamin D

Hi guys,

Here is the "bug" I'm running into : on one channel, TF1 HD on the Canal+ set, I would not get the sound when I turn it on. The sound of that channel is dolby, either 2.0 or 5.1. DVBViewer is set up for AC3 audio to be handled by AC3 filter, other audio by ffdshow audio.

To solve that, I would go to Edit Channel, and where the audio type is shown "AC3" I would put the audio type to "MPEG", and then hit Rebuild Graph. And then, I have sound (Dolby Digital, thru AC3 Filter).

My work around is not elegant, can someone help me out on this one ? Is there some set up I need to change, or a way to make the change of audio type permanent ? (can Edit tool do that ?)

Thanks in advance.

Ben

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

I'm sorry for my english again :rotfl: .

I have the same bug than Benjamin :

There are two Channel on the french Canalsat channels with no sound : TF1 HD and SCI-FI HD. When you choose the channel for the first time, there is no sound. If you choose the same channel twice the sound is ok. It's a problem if you want to record the channel there is no sound. This is not a codec problem : I have the same bug with all my h.264 codec and sound codec. I'm working on Windows XP SP3, Benjamin uses Vista.

I ask myself why ARTE HD, France 2 HD or all the others HD channels are working fine and not these two channels ? The difference is that TF1 HD and SCI-FI HD have a English audio PID. All the others channels have only the French audio sound, except Arte HD with French and German audio PID. Arte HD is working Find. It seems that the problem comes from the existence of an English audio channel (problem with a default english audio PID ?).

SCI-FI HD parameters

SCIFIHD.jpg

SCI-FI HD English audio parameters :

SCIFIHDeng.jpg

France 2 HD parameters :

france2HD.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

ty for the answer,

for the french girl it's here or here o:)

My support.zip

When i choose the TF1 HD channel one time (no sound) the displayed audio state is "no data" :

dvbsource1.jpg

If i choose the channel twice (sound is ok) and i have data :

dvbsource2.jpg

Remenber that TF1 HD channel have exactly the same parameters than the others encrypted Canalsat HD channels. All other channels are working fine.

A scan with transedit :

scan12522V.jpg

Note that if i go into DVBViewer channel list editor and i replace the TF1 HD audio PID "94" by, for example "0", i apply and close DVBViewer : when i open DVBViewer, TF1 HD is working fine with sound and if i go into the channel list editor the audio PID is not "0" but "94" (how to force DVBViewer to accept a manual entry on audio PID ?). But if i change the channel and return on TF1 HD, the sound doesn't work.

My card is a Floppy DTV S2 (HW ver. 01.24.04, FW ver. 1.5.2 BUILD 30740, driver 5.0.1) with cam Aston 2.18.

Note that if i go into DVBViewer channel list editor and i replace the TF1 HD audio PID "94" by, for example "0", i apply and close DVBViewer : when i open DVBViewer, TF1 HD is working fine with sound

Due to the automatic channel update (see channel menu). It detects the wrong audio PID, corrects it and triggers a retune.

IMO it's a CI/CAM issue. Most likely the stream remains encrypted on the first tuning attempt, for whatever reason.

@Lars: As far as I can see the PMT of the affected channels contains a subtitle PID as first entry (in contrast to other CSAT channels, that show a different order), followed by two AC3 audio streams, finally H.264 video. All stream entries contain a CA descriptor, except subtitles... does it tell you something?

It doesn't matter. The Fire(Floppy)DTV is one of those cards which gets the whole unaltered PMT(buffer) send to the CI. The driver/CAM does handle the rest. So it is very likely a CAM problem.

hi,

i have done some more tests :

i think there is a probleme between French and english audio PID. on TF1 HD and Sci-fi HD, the english Channel is... in french on the 2 PID (when i clicked twice on the channel to have sound). I looked on Canal + HD channel where the sound is ok and i have no sound on the English channel : when i clicked twice on the english channel the sound appear but it is french language... the automatic channel update is unclicked.

Edited by robob

Hmm, TransEdit finds two SCI FI HD channels on 12669 V. They share the same video/audio/subtitle PIDs, but the Service IDs and the PMT PIDs are different: The first one 9922/1301, the second 9902/1281. Did you already try the second version? Any difference?

However, the PMTs are identical, as far as I can see...

I looked on Canal + HD channel where the sound is ok and i have no sound on the English channel : when i clicked twice on the english channel the sound appear but it is french language

Seems the CAM isn't able to handle two encrypted AC3 streams properly.

..as far as I can see, the PMTs are identical. It could be the CI-module but I still have some doubts concerning the firedtv. There are more unsolved problems in particular with seca and simulcast.

Hmm, TransEdit finds two SCI FI HD channels on 12669 V. They share the same video/audio/subtitle PIDs, but the Service IDs and the PMT PIDs are different: The first one 9922/1301, the second 9902/1281. Did you already try the second version? Any difference?

yes, and i have two TF1 HD channels too with differents services IDs (see my Transedit printscreen) : the two SCI-FI HD and the two TF1 HD channels have the same probleme, no sound on the first time you choose it.

My problem is to record the channel. For example, to record Battlestar Galactica sunday at 20:43 on SCI-FI HD, i have to open DVBViewer before and click twice the channel to have sound on my record. An other solution is to chose SCI-FI HD and change to Arte HD german and return on SCI-FI HD and the sound is ok : with this method, i can record without being here : i record 1 minute on SCI-FI HD, the next minute on Arte german and my progam after, like this :bye: :

timer.jpg

Edited by robob
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I am facing the same issue with free to air channels using AC3, i do not have any sound. It works with crypted channels. The DVBSource filter show a "Enabled/Connected" state for audio.

What could be wrong in may configuration ?

In addition, i canno't read recording without sound but I can read other recordings.

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

Jérôme

Edited by trougloubidchou

HI robob,

Exactly the same problem here, with the same channels.

FireDTV + aston cam 2.18

Other channels are OK.

Under Seven MCE, TF1 HD is working fine...

Thanks for any help,

Regards.

Hi,

Some french HD channels switched from AC3 audio to E-AC3.

I had the "no audio" problem too, which was solved after I use ffdshow E-AC3 codec as AC3 codec in DVBViewer.

You can download ffdshow filters > here <

Hope this will help...

Hi,

Some french HD channels switched from AC3 audio to E-AC3.

I had the "no audio" problem too, which was solved after I use ffdshow E-AC3 codec as AC3 codec in DVBViewer.

You can download ffdshow filters > here <

Hope this will help...

I know that, but it is for the DVB-T Channels (Terrestrial channel, TNT) : I have a Pinnacle DVB-T card in my computer and all the TNT channels are working fine. My sound problem is specific to some DVB-S2 crypted Hd channel (Satellite): TF1 HD and SCI-FI HD on Canalsat.

It is a initialisation problem when you first come on the channel.

• 6 months later...