How to stream?

mac666

Hey

I want to stream my DVBViewer video / audio to my WM6 mobile and to other computers...

Is it possible to stream to HTTP / UDP / or something? What do i need?

Thanks!

Hey

I want to stream my DVBViewer video / audio to my WM6 mobile and to other computers...

Is it possible to stream to HTTP / UDP / or something? What do i need?

Thanks!

DVBServer will stream to other PC's.

I'd imagine you could set up the web interface with VLC to stream to a WM6 phone.

Everything you need should have come when you installed DVBViewer.

DVBServer will stream to other PC's.

I'd imagine you could set up the web interface with VLC to stream to a WM6 phone.

Everything you need should have come when you installed DVBViewer.

It doesnt work for me....

What should i have to stream to VLC? UDP / unicast?

Shouldnt i be able to connect to the Control? how should i do that? Via Webif?

Thanks!

It doesnt work for me....

What should i have to stream to VLC? UDP / unicast?

Shouldnt i be able to connect to the Control? how should i do that? Via Webif?

Thanks!

In the DVBViewer install folder there are a couple of exe files you need to run. DVBServer.exe is the server that will stream the full transponder so it's best used on a LAN.

HTTPServer.exe is the web server. You can run this to stream via VLC (which can transcode the stream to a size and bitrate that is more acceptable for internet/mobile use). Run HTTPServer, and in the tray you can right click the icon and click show to bring up the config. Set the port you want it to run on and the IP address.

Make sure you open the firewall and connect using a browser. Click on a programme and set the streaming options and make sure you have VLC installed. Set your transcoding options and open the port on the firewall.

Test by connecting to the port using VLC or whatever viewer you want.

• 2 months later...
In the DVBViewer install folder there are a couple of exe files you need to run. DVBServer.exe is the server that will stream the full transponder so it's best used on a LAN.

HTTPServer.exe is the web server. You can run this to stream via VLC (which can transcode the stream to a size and bitrate that is more acceptable for internet/mobile use). Run HTTPServer, and in the tray you can right click the icon and click show to bring up the config. Set the port you want it to run on and the IP address.

Make sure you open the firewall and connect using a browser. Click on a programme and set the streaming options and make sure you have VLC installed. Set your transcoding options and open the port on the firewall.

Test by connecting to the port using VLC or whatever viewer you want.

I have gone to the screen where it says that the VLC server is now streaming media. But I cannot have the VLC (at another computer that linked on the LAN) open the port 127.0.0.1:3335 ? Any suggestion ? The Window XP firewall is off in both the server and the client. Thanks.

127.0.0.1:3335

is the local host. This won't work.

In the tray you can right click the icon and click show to bring up the config. Set the port you want it to run on and the IP address.

Use 0.0.0.0 as IP address.