Dvbviewer 4.0 and streaming : problems

Omega3

Hi all , i purchased DVBViewer , now i would to use dvbserver.

The server pc has a WIN Nova-T pci ( DVB-T ) , latest drivers installed only , no native application , that works wery well with DVBViewer ; hw : p5k , geforce 8500 , dual core 6550 , 2 GBs ram .

I have a problem , i read and searched both in the forum and the manual but i can't find a solution.

Reading the forum i was able to edit the file usermod.ini to view and set the unicast device.

Server has the autodiscovery , on the client i find the server with autodiscovery and it configures the device properly ( unicast mode ).

I set the server and the client , the client connect to the server but the screen is black and i can't see or ear absolutely nothing.

I have copied the channels.dat server file on the client machine , on the client i can see the channel list but the screen is black and on the server there is no streaming activity .

If i try to use the client device to tune channels , tuning starts but doesn't go on ; on the dvbserver panel i can see that the number of bytes sends in the network starts and grown.

If i use the streaming plugin and vlc it works , but in this way i can't change channel.

The directx settings are the same on server and client ( i purchased Nvidia Decoder so i use it on all my pc's ).

Client pc and server are on the same private gigabit network .

Client and server are both WXP pro sp3 , same patch level.

On the client machine i could see DVD's and all other video/audio common files.

Kindly , could someone help me ?

Thanks a lot.

Edited by Omega3

Today i found the problem and the solution , it was about the server settings.

On the dvbserver settings Server Port and Unicast port have to be different.

I put the same value so i assume that the dialogue among client and server didn't start.

I change the server control port and unicast port putting two different values ( 2340 and 2345 ) , then it works.

Ciao ciao.