Using Universal Remote

fat-tony

I have searched the forums and have "googled" extensively, but I am just more confused :blink:

I have a Technisat (Technotrend) DVB-S2 card and supplied remote control and receiver which plugs into the card using a 3.5mm jack. This works (well it sort of works!) in DVBV 4.0, but the keypad layout is restricted in that there are only 33 keys (of which 10 are the numerics) and I find that the same key in different contexts does different things. So I thought I would use a universal remote instead.

After some investigation I found that the TS-35 remote used Phillips RC-5 codes, so I set my universal remote to control a Phillips TV. I've had some limited success with this, but what I can't work out is what codes are passed from the remote when I press a certain key. Is there a utility that I can use which would replace the mtsHID.sys driver, so that I can see the raw codes passed by the remote? I have been able to edit existing IR codes in the registry so that I can change the effect of pressing certain keys on the remote, but I haven't been able to see what codes are generated by (say) the "Record" button on the universal remote, so I can map that to something DVBV can understand.

If someone can point me to a thread (even in German - google translate will help!) I would be grateful. I have downloaded "HIP", but that didn't seem to even find the HID. I don't think WinLIRC would be useful as I understand this is for serial (COM port) device - not USB HID.