Use remote from Tevii S650 in dvbviewer?

kikkoman

Hi.

I just bought a Tevii S650 usd dvb-s2 device and it works like a charm in DVBViewer. But I cant seem to get the included remote to work. There are no plugins for it on the site and it doesn't work with MCE plugin. Is there any way to get it to work without having to develope a plugin myself?

I also have an old TT 3200 budget remote and I tried installing the plugins for it and I was hoping to be able to use it with my Tevii but that didn't work. Any way to get that to work?

I am really thankful for any help.

Thank you.

Kikkoman.

The current architecture of the TeVii API doesn't allow a decoupled remote plugin or application to access the DVB hardware. The remote interface is implemented on the BDA tuner filter's pin. So only the application that got hold of the DVB hardware can access the remote API, a decoupled DVBViewer plugin can't, because it has no access to the BDA graph. Building one itself introduces problems.

Edited by CiNcH

News from TeVii:

In a future driver, the remote will be accessible via an interface at the BDA tuner filter, not at the pin. So it will be possible for a plugin to load the filter and use the interface, without having to connect it to a Network Provider or Capture filter, so build the whole BDA graph. So maybe we will see a solution then...

Edited by CiNcH