AzureWave DVB-S2 CI module not working

Crusty Burke

Hi folks,

I've just installed the AzureWave DVB-S2 card along with its CI module. DVBViewer doesn't seem to recognise the CI module even though I have the "Has CI" option checked for the DVB-S2 card. I also have a Hauppauge Nova-S2 card along with the Win-TV-CI module working on my PC. Does anyone have any advice on how to get the AzureWave card's CI module working? The AzureWave card drives my USALS motor with no problems.

hi, i know this is off the subject alittle but what drivers,windows, etc you using and do you get dvb-s2 channels ok ? i have the ad-sp400 can pick up dvb-s2 channels but then can drop out no signal, if you exit DVBViewer and go back in it may work signal bars show, i dont have any problems with normal channels just dvb-s2 channels, i will try my ci module and get back to you,

cheers

hi, i know this is off the subject alittle but what drivers,windows, etc you using and do you get dvb-s2 channels ok ? i have the ad-sp400 can pick up dvb-s2 channels but then can drop out no signal, if you exit DVBViewer and go back in it may work signal bars show, i dont have any problems with normal channels just dvb-s2 channels, i will try my ci module and get back to you,

cheers

Hi tunesguy,

Thanks for replying. I'm running Vista Home Premium 32 bit, with the latest Catalyst video drivers. The codec I use is PowerDVD 8 and yes, I can get FTA DVB-S2 channels just fine.

I wonder if I require a driver update from AzureWave? My experience with Hauppauge is that nothing works out of the box and needs updating online. Picking up FTA signals is hassle free and I love that my motor works at last with the PC. Just the CI module is not working. I have tried Azure Waves's Digital TV application which detects the CAM but can't decode the channels so I know the CI is at least physically connected to the PC.

hmmm thats were we are differant, i am using nvidias latest drivers for my 8800gts, would it make any differance, i have tried vista x64,x32 and win xp, out a matter of interest i purchased a hauppauge 4000 thinking it would work hu ive installed latest drivers off website managed to get usals via a reg tweek work but can not find any dvb-s2 channels, between each card i have done clean install also...

i used tranedit 3.3.0 it did find dvb-s2 channels and export over to DVBViewer but when i select a channel with an orange key for encryted it says in a box NO HARDWARE FOUND

Sorry to hijack your thread lol im gonna install win xp :D see if it helps

ill try my ci as well see if it picks it up in DVBViewer the drivers i used last time were 1.1.1.700