can this app records even when it's off?

majinbu

Hi to everyone,

first off I'd like to introduce myself to you. My really name is Stefano and I'm new over this forum.

Can DVBViewer record even if it's turned off?

I mean, what I'd like to do is to make a schedule and see it recorded even if the application is not lunched at all.

Thanks,

Stefano.

The Recording Service (Beta) can wake the PC from hibernate or standby to perform scheduled recordings (or just with the PC running). With DVBViewer itself (without recording service) I believe that you need to use a little program which loads via Windows Scheduled Tasks and performs recordings.

So the answer to your question is YES, it is possible.

Hi mate and sorry for my late in answering you but I saw your reply just now, the board missed to notify me this message and I know for sure that I set it to "immediate notification"

Anyway, when you talk about

Recording Service
what do you exactly mean?

Is it an extra plug-in or what?

Could you give to me more details about that?

Thanks for your help,

Stefano.

Edited by majinbu

Hi Tjod and thanks for your reply.

I see what you mean...can I ask something more?

I have a NAS (network attached storage) on my LAN and every time I launch DVBViewer I see activity on it. Why?

I mean, I use to connect my storage with "map network storage" via explorer and later than I can clearly monitor an activity coming from the NAS.

As soon as I exit the application the activity stops...I can't understand that.

Thanks for all.

Stefano.

Edited by majinbu

Hello !

DVBViewer has some network capabilities, maybee thats what is causing the traffic.

E.G. DVBViewer can stream video over network.

DVBViewer can show Video from network.

DVBViewer can be remote controlled via network

So look in the settings maybee something ist turned on or another task for that has been started.

Hello !

DVBViewer has some network capabilities, maybee thats what is causing the traffic.

E.G. DVBViewer can stream video over network.

DVBViewer can show Video from network.

DVBViewer can be remote controlled via network

So look in the settings maybee something ist turned on or another task for that has been started.

Thanks mate I'll try to fix it....

Thanks mate I'll try to fix it....

I had a look of all kind of settings but I can't stop this behaviour...could you please help me more?

Thanks,

Stefano.

For other possibly DVBViewer's settings that can trigger lan/Internet traffic, please check under "Settings / Options" in "Music / FreeDB Support", "News" and "Weather" subpage...

If still there is unusual traffic please try to investigate more deep and to be more specific; you can use many tools to discover what's going on (wich address/port are opened/connected); I can suggest you Sysinternals Process Explorer...

:D

For other possibly DVBViewer's settings that can trigger lan/Internet traffic, please check under "Settings / Options" in "Music / FreeDB Support", "News" and "Weather" subpage...

If still there is unusual traffic please try to investigate more deep and to be more specific; you can use many tools to discover what's going on (wich address/port are opened/connected); I can suggest you Sysinternals Process Explorer...

:D

Hi Gioxy and thanks for your reply!

I finally got the solution...it was because the destination folder, for the recorded streams, was located into my NAS.

Thanks again,

Stefano.

Edited by majinbu

I think you should read the forum section for the RecordingService as it will do exactly as you want, it will also record straight to your NAS. After using the recordingservice for a couple of months now I think it is an awesome application and if you stream over your network it is the perfect way to use DVBViewer.