remember last used menus

patti

Would it be possible to make DVBViewer remember the last used OSD menu/time in favorites/epg? Here is the problem with the current setup:

I have several favorite groups set up so that each group has channels from one satellite and each group has several sub groups for different types of channels. The following clarifies what I mean:

favourites

- satellite1

-group 1

-group 2

- satellite2

-group 1

-group 2

...etc.

The favorites menu works so that each time I want to go to for example satellite 2 group 2 I have to browse through all satellite groups, then through groups and then through channels til I find the one I want. This is most unpractical, after all my motorised dish is still pointing at the same satellite where I was on the previous channel and the new channel is in the same sub group on the same satellite.

The same applies to OSD EPG. If I browse forward in time and then use Find More function and mark programs for recording and then press back to return to EPG the EPG returns to current time, not to the time that I was at before using Find More. The same thing happens if I browse forward in time, mark a program for recording and notice I made a mistake and go to OSD timer menu and remove the recording. Now When I use Back to get back to EPG I am in current time again and in the time where I made the recording so I need to go forward in time once again. Most frustrating.

The back button behaves in similar way in favorites too. If I browse to my sub group and then select Show EPG and mark recordings and press Back I return to favorites root folder, not to the folder where I was when I pressed Show EPG.

So, if favorites system/EPG would remember the last used group and open there when favorites/EPG are opened, it would save a lot of time and nerves and be more practical. Obviously this should be made an option in options so that those who prefer current behavior could continue to do so and those who want more flexibility can choose so.

Please, can you do something to this frustrating "feature"?

thanks,

PK

I just noticed that the topic of my suggestion is a bit misleading and it cannot be edited. Sorry.

I fully agree. I have been searching for a solution and had no luck so far as well. This is quite irritating, especially because I use a lot of groups and can not browse easily through these favorites. I have to open the channel editor and in the channel editor open the favorites editor to get to the favorites lists. Through this edit-interface I can browse easily, but it is very annoying to say the least.

From a channel browsing perspective there are three things that would make DVB a whole lot more user friendly:

1. Remember last positions in the OSD and favorites groups browsing.

2. Make it an option to have the pop-up on the right show the favorites.

3. In favorites view make it possible to first list the channels, followed by the groups.

cheers, Edwin