Channel Scan Hangs PC Forcing Reboot

Ian C

Hi,

I am not new to DVBViewer but I am to the Forum...

I've used DBViewer for a few years now and think that it is the best TV app. on the market, have used all versions and now on

Pro 4.0, but I have run into a problem. In the last few days the Channel Scan has run perfectly - all channels available, and at

conclusion. beeps for closure -OK but when the close button is activated (clicked) the system freezes with a rotating "hour glass" and I cannot End Program - essentially I have to Reset or reboot the machine to clear it. I am able to do other things on the machine but it is annoying not having the DVBViewer operational. This also applies when I run the TranEdit 3.3.0.0 application... I have a Freecomm DVB-T

stick on a USB 2.0 hub running Windows Xp SP3 and all has worked 100% up until last week end. Its as if the DVB-T stick is not handing the Channel Scan app back to the operating system or Explorer is malfunctioning.

Any takers ????

Ian C..

Hi,

I am not new to DVBViewer but I am to the Forum...

I've used DBViewer for a few years now and think that it is the best TV app. on the market, have used all versions and now on

Pro 4.0, but I have run into a problem. In the last few days the Channel Scan has run perfectly - all channels available, and at

conclusion. beeps for closure -OK but when the close button is activated (clicked) the system freezes with a rotating "hour glass" and I cannot End Program - essentially I have to Reset or reboot the machine to clear it. I am able to do other things on the machine but it is annoying not having the DVBViewer operational. This also applies when I run the TranEdit 3.3.0.0 application... I have a Freecomm DVB-T

stick on a USB 2.0 hub running Windows Xp SP3 and all has worked 100% up until last week end. Its as if the DVB-T stick is not handing the Channel Scan app back to the operating system or Explorer is malfunctioning.

Any takers ????

Ian C..

PROBLEM RESOLVED!!! THE DRIVER FOR THE USB 2.0 HUB WAS CORRUPT, CAUSING THE DVB-T STICK TO HANG AND NOT RESPOND TO THE CLOSURE SEQUENCE..

Edited by Ian C