Noob How To : FreeSAT EPG

petrev

Support for FreeSAT EPG in v4

FreeSAT EPG

New: Support for FreeSAT EPG on Astra 28.

FreeSAT EPG is handled like MHW EPG. So you have to activate it in the options and put the correct frequency (11428 h) into the options list.

Additionally you need the "Complete Tables" file from http://www.rst38.org.uk/vdr/ .

The files freesat.t1 and freesat.t2 must be extracted into the DVBViewer program folder.

Noob (me) How To !

Check this exists

Settings : Options : EPG/Teletext : SiehFern/MHW Entry=[11428 - h - FreeSAT EPG]

Download from VDR Project -

Freesat EPG patch (version 2)

Complete Tables

Extract from .zip file and copy freesat.t1 and freesat.t2 to DVBViewer program folder.

e.g. C:\Program Files\DVBViewer

Open DVBViewer and select a channel on 11428 MHz H

eg. "Brit Shorts"

Wait 1 minute and FreeSAT EPG should be loaded.

Thanks to HDV

ALso Useful

If you use the recordingservice this will keep your epg updated without having to tune to Brit Shorts.

Pete

Thanks for the guide, but I can't get this to work. I've dropped freesat.t1 and freesat.t2 into C:\Program Files\DVBViewer and also in C:\ProgramData\CMUV\DVBViewer but the EPG doesn't update no matter what. I only ever get Now/Next.

OK, I'm an idiot. I forgot to enable the "Receive MediaHighway EPG data" option. Done this in DVBViewer and the Recording Service and both now have the full EPG! :bounce:

Edited by CX23882-19
  • 9 months later...

Here is a new working EPG channel .ini to replace brits shorts.

EPG_UK.ini

Edited by bph

Or I assume most have ITVHD :)

DVBViewer is easily capable of getting Freesat EPG of any of the BBC or ITV transponders if you give it time and setup.

Edited by remlap