Problems with dual tuners

alextiva

OK, after some false starts, I now have a PC running Vista Business (32bit). I have DVBViewer V4 and two k-world dvb-s 100 cards. No other software installed, I intend to use this machine just to stream satellite. The tuners are listed as ‘DigiGo DVBS BDA Tuner/Demod (1)’ and ‘DigiGo DVBS BDA Tuner/Demod (2)’

Tuner 1 is connected to a 19.2 satellite, tuner 2 to 28.2. This may be very simple, but whenever I try and scan the channels, it will always tell me the current device is ‘DigiGo DVBS BDA Tuner/Demod (1)’. I scanned the first tuner and picked up all the 19.2 channels. I then had to disable the first tuner (set to 'do not use'), then I can scan again and pick up the second tuner and all the 28.2 channels. If I reboot my PC and start DVBViewer and select a 28.2 channel (BBC 1 for example), this works perfectly, I can tune in to all the channels on 28.2. As soon as I change to any channel on 19.2 (tuner 1) I can watch all the channels, but cannot tune any channels on 28.2 unless I reboot my PC.

Can anyone explain what I need to do to make this work - please let me know if I need to explain further or provide more info.

Thanks.

Connected to two separate dishes? Without a switch requiring DiSEqC commands? In this case you need to use channel groups:

1) Channel Editor: Right-click the Astra 19° root folder. In the context menu set all contained channels to group A.

2) In the same way set all Astra 28° channels to group B

3) Options -> Hardware: Enable only group A for Tuner 1, and only group B for tuner 2.

Thanks for the advice - that seemed to work for a while. I tried to make this work from scratch with a new channel scan. The first tuner (set to Group A) worked fine, but when I try and scan the second tuner (group B ) I don't seem to have a signal unless I disable the first tuner and restart the PC. Should I be able to scan the second tuner in the same way as the first?

I have tried swapping the satellites and get a perfect signal from both satellites.

support.zip

Edited by Griga

You didn't clarify yet whether your cards are connected to two separate dishes (without switch) or both to a DiSEqC switch allowing to select a LNB resp. satellite position.

You didn't clarify yet whether your cards are connected to two separate dishes (without switch) or both to a DiSEqC switch allowing to select a LNB resp. satellite position.

Sorry, yes two cards, two dishes, no switch.

The first tuner (set to Group A) worked fine, but when I try and scan the second tuner (group B ) don't seem to have a signal unless I disable the first tuner and restart the PC.

Maybe the devices get mixed up at the driver level. Unfortunately some DVB device manufacturers / driver developers don't take into account that someone would use two devices.

However, there is a work-around in DVBViewer Pro for such problems:

1) Select About -> Configuration Folder in DVBViewer (opens an Explorer Window). Close DVBViewer.

2) Open the file Hardware.xml with a text editor (Notepad). Change the value 0 in

<entry name="SkipComponents">0</entry>

only for the second (!) DigiGo device to 1.

3) Save the changed Hardware.xml. Relaunch DVBViewer and try... I hope it helps.

Maybe the devices get mixed up at the driver level. Unfortunately some DVB device manufacturers / driver developers don't take into account that someone would use two devices.

However, there is a work-around in DVBViewer Pro for such problems:

1) Select About -> Configuration Folder in DVBViewer (opens an Explorer Window). Close DVBViewer.

2) Open the file Hardware.xml with a text editor (Notepad). Change the value 0 in

<entry name="SkipComponents">0</entry>

only for the second (!) DigiGo device to 1.

3) Save the changed Hardware.xml. Relaunch DVBViewer and try... I hope it helps.

Tried that, then get the error message 'no hardware available' when I try to scan group b-second tuner. Just in case I got it wrong, I changed the number for the other entry, then found the 'no hardware available' for the first tuner. Are there any other changes I can try?

Maybe one of the tuners is set as "preferred" and the other as "normal"? Obviously I don't know the inner workings of DVBViewer but this would seem like some sort of priority setting.

If not it would seem like a card driver issue.