How to enable different DECODERS

rapper

A bit difficult. First the DVD Express Decoder has to be unregistered, since the DVBViewer TE will always use it as default, if it is present. After this, the MPEG2 decoder with the highest merit in your system will be used.

You can unregister filters and change the merit values by using the Radlight Filter Manager (download).

Please have in mind that manipulating the DirectShow settings may disable all kinds of media playback on your computer, if you don't know exactly what you do. It is recommendable to read this before you start (and to set a system restore point, in order to be on the safe side).

Griga

this you make in the optionsmenu of the decoder or direct in the registry (try search "hardware acceleration".

Ore you invest 15€ and don't have this trubble because you set it simply in the options.

Steffen

A bit difficult. First the DVD Express Decoder has to be unregistered, since the DVBViewer TE will always use it as default, if it is present. After this, the MPEG2 decoder with the highest merit in your system will be used.

You can unregister filters and change the merit values by using the Radlight Filter Manager (download).

Please have in mind that manipulating the DirectShow settings may disable all kinds of media playback on your computer, if you don't know exactly what you do. It is recommendable to read this before you start (and to set a system restore point, in order to be on the safe side).

Griga

I got jerky playback with Intervideo decoder :wacko:

Could you be more specific on how to use radlight manger? :blush:

I got jerky playback with Intervideo decoder

That's a known issue. The InterVideo doesn't work with the SkyStar 4.2 Sourcefilter.

Could you be more specific on how to use radlight manger?

Didn't you read the Filter Guide? I've provided the link above... :blush:

Anyway... you could save a lot of time and avoid a lot of trouble by just spending 15 Euro for the full version... it provides different source filters that work very well with the InterVideo. And it allows to select the desired video decoder in the options, instead of messing around with DirectShow.

Griga

I am not sure. I like your product, but why technisat does not include a full application for DVB. I live in Albania and I bought it in Greece. Whith Technisat edition I don't have even the option of deleting a channel. That's a shame.

However, how can I buy your product. You don't even offer a demo version to evaluate :blush: .

but why technisat does not include a full application for DVB
They couldn't make this price, i think. :blush: But you get a full version. You can watch and record. All what the package says.
how can I buy your product
look here !
You don't even offer a demo version to evaluate
a lot of pirates are dept

Steffen

Anyway. I see that with a software mpeg2 decoder I can't even see a football match, because the decoding is not fast enough :blush: . What advice can you give to me?

I used the nVidia decoder.

the decoding is not fast enough
If decoding is not fast enough, this is a problem of your mashine!

But i think you mean interlacing. Please read the manual. There are some hints for this problem.

What advice can you give to me?
enable hardware acceleration in the options of the Nvidia Decoder.

BTW: How you use Nvidia in TE version ? :blush: You know the secrets of directshow and Merit ? Have you obey Grigas hints?

Steffen

the decoding is not fast enough
If decoding is not fast enough, this is a problem of your mashine!

But i think you mean interlacing. Please read the manual. There are some hints for this problem.

What advice can you give to me?
enable hardware acceleration in the options of the Nvidia Decoder.

BTW: How you use Nvidia in TE version ? :blush: You know the secrets of directshow and Merit ? Have you obey Grigas hints?

Steffen

My machine:

PENTIUM III 1 GHZ

256 SDRAM

GEFORCE 2 MX/400 32 MB RAM

HDD 20 Gb MAXTOR ATA 100

I don't think it's a problem of my machine.

Another thing, when I start DVBViewer, first it's jerky, then quite good.

But I can't get the fluidity of whatching a football match or a film. And some titles coming from left to the right of the screen, I cannot see them clearly. HELP :wacko:

Edited by raper
PENTIUM III 1 GHZ

256 SDRAM

GEFORCE 2 MX/400 32 MB RAM

its enough for FTA
But I can't get the fluidity of whatching a football match or a film
Have you read the part for interlacing / deinterlacing in the manual ?
And some titles coming from left to the right of the screen, I cannot see them clearly
Thats also a part of interlacing / deinterlacing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

with a good decoder and the right settings you can see it well.

Steffen

for me its nvidia with hardwareacceleration and Deinterlacing setting "Video" and Overlay.

and hardware .... course SS2 :bye:

Steffen

And what about other manufacters cards like Pinnacle, Hauppage, typhoon, aver. Are they worth having a look, or just garbagge. And another thing which graphics card would you recommend me as an upgrade :bye: ?

hey, is there any additional graph selector plug-in for TE edition?

Sorry, no - the TE plugin interface only supports channellist import, nothing more.

And another thing which graphics card would you recommend me as an upgrade

Upgrading to the DVBViewer full version will be much cheaper.

Griga

And what about other manufacters cards like Pinnacle, Hauppage, typhoon, aver. Are they worth having a look, or just garbagge.
If you want pay more for the same result but without HDTV-Support (and without the posibility to use the DVBViewer), you can have a look
And another thing which graphics card would you recommend me as an upgrade  ?
A card with MPG2 Hardware Acceleration.

Ask your dealer.

Steffen

Still got a problem with INTERLACING :bye: . I am using the nVIDIA decoder with hardware acceleration and VIDEO de-interlacing.

Still the titles coming from left to the right of the screen I can see a fog there.

HELP ^_^

:bierfink:

A fog??

Do you mean something that looks like a shadow or a ghost???

That would be the so called ghost-effect.

This is normal. And I doubt that there is something you can do about it.

Except trying/using another filter where you like the deinterlacing technique more....

the Nvidia Decoder have 3 versions for deinterlacing. automatic, film, video.

If you use video you can read the conveyor on News channels.

You can set it in the options of this decoder.

If you see really shadows it could be a problem of a to slow TFT display.

Steffen

the Nvidia Decoder have 3 versions for deinterlacing. automatic, film, video.

If you use video you can read the conveyor on News channels.

You can set it in the options of this decoder.

If you see really shadows it could be a problem of a to slow TFT display.

Steffen

Actually, I am using a CRT monitor (800x600 pixel, 85 hz: refresh rate).

And the problem is not only the titles, but also in a film or football match,

WHEN PEOPLE IN THE SCREEN ARE MOVING, THE FLUIDITY IS SO BAD THAT IT CAN DAMAGE YOUR EYES. I CAN'T UNDERSTAND THIS EFFECT.

ANOTHER THING, IS HARDWARE DECODING INDISPENSABLE FOR THIS PROBLEM.

I think I am going to buy a RADEON 9800 graphics card ;) . I think it could save me a lot of trouble. :D

I CAN'T UNDERSTAND THIS EFFECT.
You hadn't read the manual! Interlace and Deinterlace are your keyword! Have you tried my hints? And tryed you a search in the board? Here are a lot of thread for thsi problem.
ANOTHER THING, IS HARDWARE DECODING INDISPENSABLE FOR THIS PROBLEM.
No , this is only that your CPU don't need calculate this it's doing your grafic card.

A slow TFT-Display can not create such fast screen change. So you see a part of the old picture during the new picture is building. On a fast sportsgame like soccer you will see a small Line behind the ball or a verry blurry picture.

If your dispay to slow you will have te same effect in fast games.

Steffen

The titles STILL COME DOUBLE, AND FLICKERING.

I read the manual, I used different combination, I changed resolution and refresh rate. Unluckily :(

Thanks guys from all. the SS2, didn't give me the results, I have expected ;)

:D

@raper: You are using the TE-Version and so you have to do verry complicated things to use different decoders. I doubt that you used different decoders for testing! You really know how to do?

How you select the Decoder in TE-Version? Do you know some things about Directshow and Merit ........

I'm shure you tested everytime the same decoder with DVBViewerTE! Otherwise you must have different results and not everytime the same!

Steffen

Sorry, nothing to do with the topic. I was just wondering if 'raper' lives in Albania, he may not realise what an unpleasant pseudonym that is in English. No offence intended.

Best regards,

Dave

Sorry, nothing to do with the topic. I was just wondering if 'raper' lives in Albania, he may not realise what an unpleasant pseudonym that is in English. No offence intended.

Best regards,

Dave

Hey. What the #### ;) . Do you have any problems with albanians? #### you!

Edited by DAvenger

we have problems with your nickname! You know what raper mean ?!?And maybe english is not your native language (because you live in Albania). And Dave wrote "No offence intended." Bu you offence him.

Steffen

we have problems with your nickname! You know what raper mean ?!?And maybe english is not your native language (because you live in Albania). And Dave wrote "No offence intended." Bu you offence him.

Steffen

Hey Steffen, I am very sorry for that. I get very angry when people talk about albanians in that way. It was my fault :( .

I know what raper means in english (it's not my real name). It may look offencive but it's just a nick. Apologise to the member.

Another thing, you were right: the nVidia decoder worked great whith DVB_PORTAL :) . It's great software whith support for HDTV.

Now I understand, what SS2 :huh: is. Just great hardware. Later I will buy your software B)

Now I have a very little problem whith SYMBOL RATES. It seems that with lower values like for example < 20.000 kS/s I can't get video signal :( . HELP

^_^

know what raper means in english (it's not my real name). It may look offencive but it's just a nick

I think it should be changed - by you or by a moderator (just add a 'p' to it and it will be OK) - since your 'nick' is very offensive for women, especially for those who have experienced this kind of violence. It's not in accordance with the forum rules.

You wouldn't like someone using a 'nick' that offends your feelings about Albania, would you?

Grig

I don't know how to change it. Please would you change it for me into RAPPER. Thanks a lot.

Still don't know what to do with the problem of symbol rates. I pointed my dish to eutelsat w2 and I got only a group of channels whith SR: 16000 kS/s. :huh: . What should I do.

:)

send a PM to Davenger. He can change your nick.

For your problem with eutelsat ,would you open a new thread with a better topic? Maybe some more people would find this thread if he have a better description in his topic.

An please read this thread. and give us the needed informations incl. some details of your satellite configuration (hub, switch, diseqc, long cable, short cable ...)

Steffen