ATI UDV2 HD compatibility: DVBViewer or CCC issue?

trifon33

Hi folks,

HTPC: XP SP3/ Athlon 64 X2 4200/Graphic ATI HD 4670 DDR3 1G/CCC 9.1; 9.2/ Codec H264 Cyberlink 8/9

I have found one serious compatibility issue with HD chanels when hardware support is checked.

The picture ramdomly juggers then freeze. I need to rebuild graph until next new freeze occurs.

When CoreAVC is used, no problem.

I am wondering whether the issue come from DVBViewer or Catalyst or anything else factor???

THere is no problem with the Nvidia 9500GT.

Infortunatly, the CCC 9.4 won't work either as soon as the content quality is not good.

With the Cyberlink 9 it's OK with high quality content like movie but with sitcom "CSI: Miami", the pixellisation occurs very quickly...possibly due to US to Europeformat conversion.

So, presently, the issue is not solved. In case one need HD hardware acceleration, it is necessary to buy one recent NVidia graphic card(9500/9600GT for instance).

Have you PDVD9 trial in use? Other PDVD9 will not work with DVBViewer at the time (Decoder is failing in the DirectShowSystem)!

For active deinterlacing you must set, in the ATI CCC (AvivoVideo), the Quality to VectorAdaptiv, not Auto.

When playback live content with DVBViewer is playing, you can see which decoder is in use, with "View" "Filter". Is there PDVD9 then click on PDVD9 Decoder with CTRL+Mouse and set in this menu "Use DXVA" + "Deinterlacing=Auto"!

If hardware acceleration is working correctly, can you see in ProzessManager, by CPU using, and probally by the quallity of

the Display picture.

Good luck. :D

Have you PDVD9 trial in use? Other PDVD9 will not work with DVBViewer at the time (Decoder is failing in the DirectShowSystem)!

For active deinterlacing you must set, in the ATI CCC (AvivoVideo), the Quality to VectorAdaptiv, not Auto.

When playback live content with DVBViewer is playing, you can see which decoder is in use, with "View" "Filter". Is there PDVD9 then click on PDVD9 Decoder with CTRL+Mouse and set in this menu "Use DXVA" + "Deinterlacing=Auto"!

If hardware acceleration is working correctly, can you see in ProzessManager, by CPU using, and probally by the quallity of

the Display picture.

Good luck. :D

Cyberlink 9 H264 codec is available from another path along with 7.3 and 8. No issue with that codec when the NVidia 9500Gt is installed.

I am aware about Powerdvd 9 issue.

Hardware UVD2 support is OK; it works.

I'll try the Cyberlink 8 in case of...but I expect no improvment.

bye

The PowerDVD 8 H264 codec does not make any good...same pixelistaion issue with specific content. By the way, it is difficult to understand what is exactly "specific" as it can work for hours then , suddenly, pixelisation occurs.

bye

With a probability bordering on certainty it is dependant of transmitted bitrate.

>5MBit/s the picture here is very smooth and absolutely no pixelisation.

used Decoder: PDVD7 OEM BluRay-Edition (SD and HD)