Channel Mapping diff sources DVB

brutus

How to let DVBViewer automatically switch to second DVB source when first DVB source is occupied ?

My situation: dvb-c and dvb-s, when recording on dvb-c I would like to switch to dvb-s (in case I switch to a channel that is not on the same transponder of dvb-c).

I was looking into channel groups ... but I couldn't find any explanation how it works ...

If it is not possible to switch automatically from DVB source, is there a way to do some coding with SDK, to make a tool which do the smart jump in the channel list?

How to let DVBViewer automatically switch to second DVB source when first DVB source is occupied ?

My situation: dvb-c and dvb-s, when recording on dvb-c I would like to switch to dvb-s (in case I switch to a channel that is not on the same transponder of dvb-c).

I was looking into channel groups ... but I couldn't find any explanation how it works ...

If it is not possible to switch automatically from DVB source, is there a way to do some coding with SDK, to make a tool which do the smart jump in the channel list?

Nobody ? I would like to know if it is possible or not ? Simple yes or no is good enough for me !

Try to explain better ... I setup a favourites list with dvb-c channels and some dvb-s channels. When recording a channel from dvb-c, and try to watch another channel from dvb-c (other transponder), I get no hardware available, I would like DVBViewer to switch to the same channel on dvb-s.

favourites list:

channel een: dvb-c

channel vtm: dvb-c

channel dsf: dvb-s

Recording on channel een, switch to channel vtm, get no hardware error, how to let DVBViewer switch to channel vtm on dvb-s (which is in the channellist but not in the favourites list as dvb-s source).

Edited by brutus

It has already been discussed several times.

There is no generally valid resp. reliable way to recognize channels across networks automatically. The only possibility would be an alias list created by the user. Regarding the efforts for programming this feature and maintaining such lists... well, it's much less expensive to include the alias channel in the favourites list and select it manually if necessary.

the mapping should be done by the user, he decides which channels belongs to which channel number, if the favourites channel list is made of a channel number (free to choose), channel name (alias), and list of mapped channels (with priority, first comes first), that would be great ? if you tell me how I can do this via the sdk/plugin I will try to make something like this myself ... and make it available for others ... please let's find a solution

• 2 weeks later...

Is there no solution ? even a plugin which can be made by myself ? Please ....

If you look to other livetv apps (mediaportal, dvblink with mce) they have such mappings .... but DVBViewer works much much better !

I use recording-service and it jumps to another channel (redirection I get on the screen) so there is already a mechanism to jump to another channel, why not to a channel programmed by the user via xml file (see it is a tweaks.txt), I can do the testing, give some feedback !

Is there no solution ? even a plugin which can be made by myself ?

Sorry, no. Can't be done with a plugin, requires too many interventions in DVBViewer.