Audio Selection Filter Plugin

Guest hackbart

Guest hackbart

Hi, since a couple of people have problems with the Audio Selection Filter i decided to put it as seperate download into the plugins section of the members area. The next setup.exe does not contain it from scratch. And since there are not that much broadcasters using the "Zweikanalton" technique i guess its not from this importance to bundle the filter with the DVBViewer Installer.

So simply download the filter, dezip it into the Filters folder of the DVBViewer and it will automaticly work.

Christian

@Christian: Thanks! I think that's a good way to handle it.

The AudioSelection Filter was installed automatically with DVBViewer 2.0 R3, but caused some problems especially with the Audio Recorder Plugin and the Video Recorder Plugin - read more about it here.

Now it isn't any longer bundled with the DVBViewer, but has to be downloaded separately.

Please note: The AudioSelection Filter is not a 'real' plugin. Put it into the DVBViewer\Filters folder, not in the Plugins folder! After having done that, you may use the 'Balance' entry in the DVBViewer's Settings Menu to select the left/right or both audio channels for playback.

BTW: I will update the Sleeptimer Plugin soon (I just want to write a little ReadMe before I do it). Version 1.6 will contain some smaller enhancements:

- Bugfix: The shutdown option is now performed in a 'clean' way - before DVBViewer settings could get lost, when a plugin did a shutdown.

- The Plugin stores its settings (there aren't many :blush: ) in an INI file and remembers them, when the DVBViewer is relaunched.

Please note: The coming Sleeptimer version 1.6 will only work with DVBViewer 2.0 R3 or later, since it uses a new interface function!

If you've downloaded the Audio Recorder Plugin update yesterday, please download again... there was an awkward bug, that let the plugin write a 'SleepTimer.ini'. Two source files got mixed up... I fixed it last night.

Griga

• 3 years later...

Does this audio selection filter remember its settings by channel? Example i choose to listen left channel from cartoon network. Does this filter use that setting for all channels or just to cartoon network? If it doesnt remember the settings for each channel separatedly, is it possible to modify it, so it would remember the settings?

Does this audio selection filter remember its settings by channel?

It doesn't know nothing about channels, so it can't remember ^_^ DVBViewer would have to. What's on the right channel of cartoon network?

It doesn't know nothing about channels, so it can't remember ^_^ DVBViewer would have to. What's on the right channel of cartoon network?

On left channel there is english audio on right there is german audio.. Is there anything that i could to make this work properly and in easyway. Meaning that i could get this dual audio (dual mono) shit to work properly in cartoon network and in national geographic and could have normal stereo or 5.1 sound in other channels.

edit: DVBViewer remembers the volume setting for each channel, but it wont remember balance selection

edit 1: i dont know what i did.. but now it remebers also the balance settings.. its perfect..

Edited by guardian24
  • 4 months later...

Did that and once again it said ok, but still dont see it in filter list and using balance adjust to left will only give me audio from that channel so right channel is muted. Now i think this plugin should duplicate 1 channel to all channels am i right?

Okey my OS is Window$ XP with SP2 and have Filter manager and it show its installed, so what i'm doing wrong since my right side of audio goes mute when i select to hear only left channel (since left channel is the one giving me the english audio. Center gives some swedish or danish, hard to tell which one and so does right one on default)?

Edit: I have 5.1 surround system and to clarify: When i set the balance from DVBV to left i get english audio (just what i want to hear) only center and left side of my speakers play that sound (center, left front and back) when i set it to center i get from center both the english and swedish and/or danish and english from whole left side and swedish and/or danish from whole right side all at once.

The trouble channel is once again the Cartoon Network, i also get that from National Geographic, but only from commercials so not really an issue :P

Edited by Waqu

I have AC3 codec installed yes, but i'm not sure if DVBV uses it, how can i check? On the other hand i dont think my TV stations sends any AC3 coded content.

Edit: and its my computer system with SB Xtreme audio with 5.1 set just plugged to amplifier (does nothing but amplifies the sound)

Edited by Waqu

Seems you are quite unfamiliar with DVBViewer :P

View -> Filters shows which DirectShow filters are currently used.

View -> Filters -> DVBSource shows the audio format that is currently played.

Channel -> Channel Editor shows which type of audio that a channel is broadcasting.

An icon in the statusbar shows if the current audio type is MPEG or AC3.

Settings -> Audio allows to select different audio tracks of a channel (if there is more than one)

• 2 weeks later...