Version 4.1 client cannot use Netstream

Gary Lam

After update the 4.1 version of DVBV to the server and client.

The client say "No hardware available"

I am sure I have set the Unicast Network Device (Perferred) on the client and set the correct IP and port for streaming in server and client.

Yes correct. Netstreaming does not provide a controlserver like the dvbserver. A controlserver is needed to get the hardware management with several networkdevice working. The support for the recording service needs this, so we had to drop the netstreaming support.

How can I solve this problems ?

I just need to install recording service on server or client ?

Would you describe the steps in briefly ?

Thanks for supporting my issues

You can use the recoding service or the DVBServer for this. Just run it on your "server" PC and setup up the clients like before.

You can use the recoding service or the DVBServer for this. Just run it on your "server" PC and setup up the clients like before.

I tried to open DVBServer on "server" PC without opening DVBV 4.1

The client work !

But, how can I use DVBV 4.1 on "server" PC to watch same channel at the same time ?

If my client can watch , the DVBV 4.1 on "server" PC will say "No hardware"

If I open DVBServer & DVBV4.1 on "server" PC first , the client cannot watch

Edited by Gary Lam
If the server PC also need to do the steps of client to watch the TV, it must be a big backward of the develop of DVBV.

Each time need to go to the option page to set the hardware again and again. It is too annoyed.

What are the reasons of the existence of the useless NetStreaming plug-ins in 4.1?

Sorry :bye:

I delete your Post :tongue:

Way change it?

Just configuring one time an than use it. No need to change it.

Even on a one PC the normal setup is recoding service as DVB server which although care of all recordings and the DVBViewer as Unicast client for watching live TV.

If you like a client for the NetStreaming Plugin i recommend the VLC Player but I thing recoding service as DVB server an all DVBViewer only as Unicast client is the better solution.