Skystar 2 not released corrctly after recording

Hello,

I'm using DVBViewer 4.1.1 and recording service 1.5RC on a winXP sp3 pc with 1 SkyStar2 (driver WDM 4.5.0) and 1 dvb-t.

I noted that the SS2 board is not released correctly (like the dvb-t one) after a recording with the recording service.

Step to reproduce:

Program a recording with recording service on SS2.

Recording start correctly

Open DVBViewer and try to tune a channel on SS2, the message "hardware not available" is correctly displayed

Let finish the recording or stop it (the tray icon says "DVBViewer service is idle")

Retry to tune a channel on DVBViewer on SS2, the message "hardware not available" is wrongly displayed

Also closing and reopening DVBViewer do not solve the problem.

Only way to solve it is to stop and restart the recording service.

This don't happen with dvb-t board, as soon as the recording is finished the board is released and DVBViewer can use it.

Before using recording service 1.5 I was using ver 1.4.7.10 without any problem.

To install 1.5RC I completely uninstalled 1.4.7.10 and verified that in the plugins directory is empty (as written in the readme)

Regards

Varesino

support.zip

The recording service is releasing the SS2 correctly, but the driver doesn't handle the transition between useraccounts very well. It's an old and known problem. That's also the reason you can't use one SS2 in the recording service and the other one in the DVBViewer, if you have two cards. The is nothing I can do about.

@Tjod

The setup is ok, the two software speaks correctly.

@Lars_MQ

Do you think that changing the user account of the recording service using the same of the interactive session can lead to a solution?

Otherwise I can go back to 1.4.7.10 until I decide to update my SS2 board.

Thanks

Varesino

Problem solved. :bye:

Thanks to Lars_MQ explanation about the problem of the SS2 driver with user switching I changed the logon settings of the recording service from "LocalSystem" to the user account I use for interactive session and now it works flawlessly.

Regards

Varesino