Multiple instances of Dvbviewer

Gard Harildstad

I am trying to install DVBViewer and Dvblink(beta) so that I can utilize two dvb cards in Windows Mediacenter.

In the install instruction for Dvblink it says that to run two instances of DVBViewer at the same time I must choose the correct location for my configuration. It even shows a picture where you get three choices:

- Program folder

- For each user seperate

- For all users (recommended)

When I run the installer for DVBViewer 4.1 and 4.1.1 I only get theese choises:

- For each user seperate

- For all users (recommended)

The choice to store the configuration in the program folder is missing. Does anybody know why? The installer for Dvblink was released a week ago or so, and it states that it requires DVBViewer 3.9 or newer. Why is the choice that is required for Dvblink then missing from the installer for DVBViewer?

By the way: I am installing this on a freshly installed system with Windows 7 RC.

-gard

Gard i am exactly in the same position as yourself, i wasn't able to explain the problem as eloquently as you did . I have been trying to install multiple instances since last night but haven't had success yet. will be trying later today. I also wish to install the DVBLink and integrate into VMC ( and maybe 7MC in future ) . it would be helpful if we could share how things go regarding this.

Edited by shaktoo