Satellite Tuning problem with 4.1.1

p3g4asus

After installing 4.1.1 I tryed tuning all channels again. No diseqc. It finds many less channels than before and It finds channels in wrong transfonders. For example it finds italian channel "Canale 5" 3 times. Only one is correct, the other are on wrong transponders. I reinstalled version 4.0 and everything was ok again. My tv card is TechnoTrend S2-3200. And Before anyone asks, yes, I did a clean install

I have also a problem with 4.1.1.1. The diseqc don't work. I can watch only channels in PosA/OptA. On the PosB/OptA no signal... Before with 4.0.0.0 all goes ok. WinXPsp2, SkyStar2 pci

support.zip

damjang

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for joining this thread but i have some problems too.

i have two tuners .floppy dtvs2 and technotrend s2 3200

my picture is breaking up when the two tuners are scanned in hardware but if i delete the technotrend card from hardware and restart the viewer all is ok..

also when the second tuner is scanned.the signal strenght is weaker as well as breaking up..is there a special setup config for two tuner..i was to believe that DVBViewer had no problems with configuring 2 different tuners automatically.

The diseqc don't work. I can watch only channels in PosA/OptA. On the PosB/OptA no signal... Before with 4.0.0.0 all goes ok. WinXPsp2, SkyStar2 pci
I've the same problem. The disecq doesn't work. My card is a technotrend 3200.

The difference is: DVBViewer 4.1.1 uses the ttBdaDrvApi_Dll.dll, if present, for outputting DiSEqC commands to the TechnoTrend driver in any case, in contrast to 4.0.0, which used a TechnoTrend BDA extension for Pos/Opt and the DLL only for DiSEqC 1.1/1.2 stuff. The change is inevitable due to the new concept of DiSEqC handling.

However, using the DLL (particularly the one shipped with DVBViewer) for DiSEqC requires the latest TechnoTrend driver for the TT 3200 and the almost identical (old) TechniSat SkyStar HD (not the new HD2, which is a relabeled Twinhan/AzureWave). That's what German users have found out.

So there are two solutions for making the Pos/Opt commands work again:

- Remove the ttBdaDrvApi_Dll.dll. It will let DVBViewer fall back to the other DiSEqC method. However, it will also disable CI/TT remote control functions.

- Install the latest driver for the TT3200. Not so easy to find ATM, since TechnoTrend has been taken over by another company... try this link:

http://ttgoerler.de/2899/PC-Produkte.html

i was to believe that DVBViewer had no problems with configuring 2 different tuners automatically.

You description doesn't really make clear what actually happens, but it sounds like a hardware/driver conflict.

You description doesn't really make clear what actually happens, but it sounds like a hardware/driver conflict.

so where do i go from here.....the picture has a split second freeze effect when the 2 tuners are enabled ...the drivers i use for floppy are latest driver ( 5.0.1.0) and firmware and the s2-3200 driver is (5.0.1.8).

when i have only the floppy tuner enabled i get signal strenght of 93% .when i have only s2-3200 enabled i get signal strenght of 63% .all on test with same channel..when both are enabled i have the problem. when enabled 1 at a time ,i have no problem only a difference in signal strenght

the 2 tuner are connected independantly to 2 diseqc switches then to 2 quad lnbs and 2 twin lnbs..all connections good i receive 4 sats in total.

what more information do you need?

Edited by buttonsNI.
Only once when DVBViewer starts to use a second tuner or repeatedly?

i have tested each tuner individually using a horizion satellite meter by connecting the tuner coax to the horizion and then horizion to the wall plate ,what i have found is that the floppy dtv s2 shows a superficial signal strenght compared to the tt-3200..the horizion detects a siganl of 65% without any tuners connected to the twin wall plate ,when i have the floppy connected to the sat meter and wallplate the signal strenght for a test channel is 95%..when the tt-3200 is connected testing the same channel the strenght is 65%( same as the horizion with no tuner attached).each tuner has separate diseqc switches however testing the twin wallplate (both inputs) signal strenght = 65% on the horizion meter

result = the tt-3200 shows the correct signal strenght,the floppy s2 does not.

as regards to the picture freeze ..before i done the tests yesterday i was getting freezes but after unpluging the coax from each tuner to connect to the horizion sat meter (to do the tests ) and then reconnecting, i have had no freezes.....however i placed both tuners on the "preferred"

i dont know if this has had any effect or the unpluging of the coax.but at present the freeze has stopped

So there are two solutions for making the Pos/Opt commands work again:

- Remove the ttBdaDrvApi_Dll.dll. It will let DVBViewer fall back to the other DiSEqC method. However, it will also disable CI/TT remote control functions.

- Install the latest driver for the TT3200. Not so easy to find ATM, since TechnoTrend has been taken over by another company... try this link:

http://ttgoerler.de/2899/PC-Produkte.html

I have Technisat SkyStar2 and don't have ttBdaDrvApi_Dll.dll to remove. Maybe I have to upgrade the SS2 driver? Now I have SkyNet.sys v 4.2.8.9999...

Thank You

damjang

I have Technisat SkyStar2

I see. I can't make DiSEqC work with DVBViewer Pro 4.1.1.0 and a SkyStar2 either. Seems to be a bug.

<edit>

Well, it was my fault. Some time ago I had set the DiSEqCCount entry in the hardware.xml to 0 for testing purpose and forgot about it. :) Now DiSEqC works with DVBViewer Pro 4.1.0, SkyStar2, a TechniSat Multytenne and driver version 4.3.3.0. But that still leaves the question open why it doesn't work in your case B)

</edit>

Edited by Griga

Ok, I reinstall 4.1 over the 4.0 and don't work. Then try TransEdit and seems that this work ok. After all I copy the 4.0 DVBViewer.exe in the new 4.1 folder and work ok. So I think that it is a DVBViewer exe problem and not driver/filters problem.

Ok, I reinstall 4.1 over the 4.0 and don't work. Then try TransEdit and seems that this work ok. After all I copy the 4.0 DVBViewer.exe in the new 4.1 folder and work ok. So I think that it is a DVBViewer exe problem and not driver/filters problem.

I want that this bug will be corrected (I want to use the new/future versions of DVBViewer, because I'm a registered user), so tell me how I can contribute/what I can test/try to discover this bug...

Also I see that the 4.1.1.1 version of DVBViewer don't switch the diseqc. If I go to posB/optA in 4.0 then the diseqc remain in this state also after launch of DVBViewer 4.1.1.1...

Have you already tried options -> hardware -> retune on missing stream, e.g. after 3 seconds?

I try this option and with this work :bounce:. But I must wait the selected seconds on channel change to retune. And the minimum is 1s, so after chanel change I must wait 1s. If I set 0 for retune seconds, don't work...

I find the cause of the diseqc don't work. In hardware.xml I must set the DiSEqCCount=1 insted 0 and all work ok. I don't know what this mean, but work!