route dvb stream over lan ?

Guest Michael

Guest Michael

is it possible to route the dvb stream from pc1 ( has b2c2 card ) to my pc2 ( laptop where i want to watch ) over my local area ( 100mbit ) network ? :D

i thought tarzanz multicast router could this .... be he olny xfers elert msgs.. <_<

thx for help... greetings ...michael

Guest hackbart

yes it is possible. The magic word is a Multicast DS Filter. RadScorpion (the inventor of Radlight) was playing on a technique for streaming video and if this will be ever finished i'll promise to put it in.

Christian

Guest DAvenger

:)

We are doing this for one big european telco. They plan to offer a sort of "DivX TV" and "OGG Radio" via satellite :D

At the moment, we are able to copy e.g 700MB movie to all computers on a single LAN using one button (and yes, one bandwidth)

Great idea to implement this into DVBViewer :rolleyes:

Guest Michael

thx for information..... would it then be possible to view tv ( all programs ) at all computers...?

then i need one b2c2 for horizontal and one for vertical, right ?

Guest Michael

i don't know it too... but there are these amplifier for sat systems.... where you connect a double lnb ... and then you can connect up to 8 users.... so i think that you only nee one for horizontal one for vertical..... for analog systems i know that it is so...

Guest hackbart

probably not. It is only possible to stream the data from the current transponder. One of the reasons is quite simple: there is only one Tuner on the card.

But after RadScorpion made the directshow filter for multicasting each stream, it should be as easy as childs play to send even divx as multicast.

Christian