DVBViewer Pro 4.1.1 don't support KNC1 DVB-S2 card C-band receptio

ter9999

The latest KNC1 BDA driver now implemented C-band reception.

http://www.knc1.com/d/download/digital.htm

But I tried using the latest DVBViewer Pro 4.1.1, I can't lock signals in C-band. I asked their technical support "Hotline [hotline@knc1.com]", they said following:

if you want to use C-Band you have to set the LOF correctly:

LOF Low : <C-Band Frequency>

LOF High : 0

LOF Switch: 0

or

LOF Low : 0

LOF High : <DBS-Band Frequency>

LOF Switch: 0

That’s all.

So I don't know what is wrong with this card C-band reception. Could this caused by that DVBViewer don't support this card well??

Could this caused by that DVBViewer don't support this card well??

The handling is the same for all DVB-S cards resp. BDA drivers. Maybe ends just don't meet in this case. DVBViewer expects the driver to behave as following:

- If the transponder frequency is below LOF Switch ( LOFSW), use LOF Low (LOF1) as LOF, ignore LOF High and switch the 22 khz signal off.

- If the transponder frequency is above LOF Switch (LOFSW), use LOF High (LOF2) as LOF, ignore LOF Low and switch the 22 khz signal on.

When it comes to communicating with the driver, DVBViewer only considers the required LOF and the 22 khz signal (tone), which is meaningless in case of C-Band reception, except if you are using a 22 khz switch for selecting one out of two satellite positions.

Consequence: The relevant settings are not the LOF values entered or selected for a satellite position resp. root folder in the channel editor, but what you see in the channel editor after selecting a channel within the root folder:

- If Tone is set to none, DVBViewer will pass the LOF (always 5150 MHz in case of C Band) as LOF Low to the driver and make sure that LOF Switch is set to a value above the transponder frequency.

- If Tone is set to 22 khz, DVBViewer will pass the LOF as LOF High to the driver and make sure that LOF Switch is set to a value below the transponder frequency.

The other LOF (High or Low) value, which should be ignored, is not set to 0, as KNC expects, but to some default value. Additionally DVBViewer does not set LOF Switch to 0, but to a value assuring that the 22 khz signal is activated/deactivated according to the channel/transponder settings.

if you want to use C-Band you have to set the LOF correctly:

...in a way KNC believes to be correct :) Opinions may differ...

• 8 months later...

Consequence: The relevant settings are not the LOF values entered or selected for a satellite position resp. root folder in the channel editor, but what you see in the channel editor after selecting a channel within the root folder:

- If Tone is set to none, DVBViewer will pass the LOF (always 5150 MHz in case of C Band) as LOF Low to the driver and make sure that LOF Switch is set to a value above the transponder frequency.

- If Tone is set to 22 khz, DVBViewer will pass the LOF as LOF High to the driver and make sure that LOF Switch is set to a value below the transponder frequency.

The other LOF (High or Low) value, which should be ignored, is not set to 0, as KNC expects, but to some default value. Additionally DVBViewer does not set LOF Switch to 0, but to a value assuring that the 22 khz signal is activated/deactivated according to the channel/transponder settings.

...in a way KNC believes to be correct o:) Opinions may differ...

I purchased a "KNC One DVB-S2 plus" card because I had to kick out the Technisat Skystar HD2

due to network compatibility issues:

Questions:

Is there a way to edit the channel parameters in DVBViewer directly so one can also receive high band TV channels?

Is there a DVBViewer version which works with KNC despite the non-conforming BDA driver behavior?

Regards,

llofwyr