Duplicates in favourites

yavuz

Since 4.1 duplicates aren't allowed in favourites. However, this is very helpful since some channels broadcast different things daytime than nighttime. For example on Astra there is a combined channel Nickelodeon/Comedy Central in the Canal Digitaal package (Dutch). This channel broadcasts Nickelodeon till 19.00, and than it broadcasts Comedy Central. I have folders in my favourites titled Cartoons and another one titled Comedy. I would like to have that channel in both folders.

And you did of course label the favorites don't view before 19.00 and don't view after 19:00? A little bit silly I think. Just create a new group "general fun" and live with it :)

That's not really the answer I was expecting. Since I believe that you actually do care about your customers, I will try to explain another use of duplicates in favourites. I have different needs of zapping. When I am watching with my wife, I want to zap through a different set of channels, when my wife is zapping, she uses a different set of channels, and when I zap, I zap through a set of different channels. These sets of channels are grouped in favourites, and I am in need of duplicates in favourites.

See it this way. I am using this excellent bit of software as a replacement of a satellite receiver, and so does my wife. Any other receiver I have used lets me do what I described earlier. If you have any other solution or idea for my needs I am willing to discuss, this happens to be the way I am used to, and imitates the behaviour of my satellite receiver in my living room, which makes things easier.

PS Please also take note that I was one of the people that requested a solution to "the bug" with the duplicates in favourites. I am grateful of the fact that you did resolve that issue, but the solution is somewhat rigorous. You have solved a bug by removing the feature. If you had pain in your arm and your doctor would amputate it, would you be happy with it? :)

I'd like to see the facility to store duplicate channels in favourites return too.

Slightly different reasons for me - I have my normal channel list which I dragged and dropped a bit to put the channels in an order I'm familiar with - roughly similar to the UK freeview boxes. However, I have satellite and terrestrial tuners so channel numbers 1 upwards are satellite and 101 upwards are terrestrial equivalents. With me so far?

Well in addition to this I then created favourites groups. One called Satellite channels, the next called terrestrial channels. All the respective channels are listed in there. But I also like to have groups of channels similar to the EPG sections on UK Sky. So I've got music channels, movie channels and also, just for personal taste, a group for the BBC interactive streams. Within these groups I can mix terrestrial and satellite channels together - particularly useful as, for instance, the music channels on satellite are different to those on terrestrial.

It would be nice if, for these reasons, a channel could appear more than one time, in different groups. Not tne end of the world or anything, but would be nice.