Duplicate Recordings

MattHeys

I have recently move back to DVBViewer after a play with MythTV.

One of the features I really liked in Myth was the ability to select a program and say record any showings of this, but the best bit of it was that it would match the Title and Description fields and only record one showing of each program, it would even shuffle recordings around to record a later showing of the same show to avoid conflicts.

I can imagine that it isn't easy to implement but it would be great.

I am currently using the the Server Service and Web page to create Search Presets and have a AutoSearch Timer running everyday to check for new recordings, but it is going to record things on ITV and ITV+1 an hour later and then a few days later again on ITV2 and ITV2+1, I could end up with 4 copies of the same episode, this will quickly eat up disk space.

Also I notice that the Title & Description fields are similar, but this might just be my setup/missetup.

e.g. On Myth it would be something like

Event : Doctor Who

Title : The Family of Blood

Description : 1913, and war comes to England a year in advance, as the terrifying Family hunt for the Doctor. [AD,S]

But in DVBViewer it is

Event : Doctor Who

Title : The Family of Blood: 1913, and war comes to England a year in advance, as the terrifying Family hunt for the Doctor. [AD,S]

Description : The Family of Blood: 1913, and war comes to England a year in advance, as the terrifying Family hunt for the Doctor. [AD,S] Video, 16:9 without pan vectors, 25 Hz Audio, stereo (2 channel) Audio description for the visually impaired DVB subtitles (normal)

One last thing, it would also be nice to make searches a bit more SQL like, so I could do something like

Record * from programs where event like 'Top Gear%' and channel like 'BBC%'

This would then only record Top Gear and Top Gear specials like "Top Gear Vietnam Special" on BBC channels not lots of old repeats on Dave & Dave ja vu (Yes they are channel names in the UK!)

Sorry if these have been asked for before, I had a quick search on Duplicates and didn't find much, the rest of it came to my whilst typing.

Also if any of this is already possibly, please just tell me to RTFM.

Just had another idea, completely wishful thinking this one.

Download and install Windows Critical Updates when there is nothing scheduled to record, then reboot automatically.

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't be happy about using the EPG description as a parameter for whether or not to record a programme.

Some of the broadcasters are lazy and for each episode in a series would use the same description (eg "This is a series about cars').

• 2 weeks later...
One last thing, it would also be nice to make searches a bit more SQL like, so I could do something like

Record * from programs where event like 'Top Gear%' and channel like 'BBC%'

You can select multiple channels in the autosearch by holding down CTRL.