Recording Service won't record a channel

Hi,

I've tried a few times to record a satellite channel and all I get is a nearly empty file. I can view the channel fine in DVBViewer. I've tried a rescan and can't think of anything else.

What might be wrong? The channel is called STREAM-4(1). A 4 hour recording last night failed and another one I tried as a test this morning.

Thanks.

Edit - it seems to be any channel on that transponder. Other transponders seem to be OK. But I can view channels on that transponder fine in DVBViewer and a manual recording works fine even though the equivalent recording in recording service is failing at the same time.

Edited by uglyned

OK something weird happened.

Those channels had always worked fine, then after I did a rescan, maybe a week or two ago I noticed that in DVBViewer and recording service they all had a (1) after their name - eg what had been STREAM-4 had now become STREAM-4 (1). Every recording from recording service on any of those channels failed while they had the (1) in their name, even though I could view the channels in DVBViewer and manually record from them.

So I've just done a rescan today and the (1) has disappeared. After restarting the recording service the (1) has disappeared in there too and the recordings work fine again.

Why did the (1) appear and why did it prevent recording service from recording?