Windows 7 + Twinhan 1027

UndeadDevil

Has anyone had any luck with this Twinhan card in Windows 7 64-bit. The only driver I can find for this card refuses to install on Windows 7. I've tried contacting Twinhan several times but never receive a reply and the last news update on the Twinhan site was years ago.

Am I going to need to buy a new DVB-S card?

I don't uderstand why DVBViewer users want to use the latest windows version.

The default XP Home or pro are good enough and a 64 bit processor is useless if DVBViewer is used as HTPC.

Windows7 is not yet released (RC level)

And as usual, new versions of windows are not so stable at all, it should be better with windows7 cause windows Vista

was the base for windows 7.

Don't blaim Twinhan if the don't offer a driver specific for windows 7 if this windows version is noy yet official released.

What you could try is to grab the windows Vista BDA driver.

Include the support.zip file in your next post in case the problem is not solved with vista drivers.

Edited by Benarty
  • 2 weeks later...
I don't uderstand why DVBViewer users want to use the latest windows version.

And as usual, new versions of windows are not so stable at all, it should be better with windows7 cause windows Vista

was the base for windows 7.

Don't blaim Twinhan if the don't offer a driver specific for windows 7 if this windows version is noy yet official released.

That seems a bit unreasonable, don't you think? Firstly, at some point Windows 7 is going to be released and it would be in everyone's interests for third party products like DVBViewer to have already been tested in as many diverse environments as possible. When a new OS comes out the first thing people do is complain that applixation Y doesn't work and hardware Y doesn't have drivers etc. etc. If people are good enough to put some effort into trying things out now, before the general public get access to Windows 7 Final, then it seems rather arrogant to complain when they come across issues.