Freesat - ITV HD and EPG

therac

I have a problem on Freesat (28.5E Astra) both with receiving ITV HD and the EPG. Steerable 95cm dish, ground mounted in South East UK, with Technotrend S2-3650CI, Acer L series, XP Media Center, Athlon 64X2 3800, NVid Geforce 6150, latest version (4.1.1 DVBViewer) and CoreAVC

Point dish at Astra 28.5E, and scan - I get 800+ channels OK - but nothing on 11426 (or 11427/8). Can receive and decode BBC HD smoothly (with CoreAVC - jerks on Cyberlink H.264). Also get 5 channel sound via SPDIF and Toshiba USB Multimediaa Center. All good, and until I upgraded to DVB 4.0 I used to get a full EPG and ITV HD OK as well. I didnt export my old settings (oops), opting for a clean install of DVB 4, and now even scanning manually, or adding back in the ITV HD entry manually using the many threads here I get nothing / nada on 11426 (even British Shorts).

Freesat EPG also only gives me next program on a few channels - the 7 day version seems to have disappeared.

Several possibilities occur - ITV may have found a new method for non-standard broadcasting, the EPG may have gone, or I may have failed to do something obvious (apologies in advance if that is the case)

However the one thing I have noticed that unfortunately 28.5E points through an adjacent willow tree, now with a fair amount of leaf coverage. On Astra 19 (missing the tree) I get nearly 100% on signal strength - through the tree, channels on 28.5E are down at 45%. It doesnt seem to affect channel decoding - the bar is green and like I said I get BBC HD fine and smoothly. Setting the tuner to 11426 on 28.5E gives a 0% signal strength (and as I said earlier, no channels on a fixed frequency scan). Most of the threads about ITV HD are from 2008...

Can someone confirm that ITV HD is still broadcasting on 11426 (along with the EPG) and I will then go and sharpen the chainsaw. Or am I missing something more obvious????

Another oddball, I assume unrelated is that I am using a separate positioner with the dish. I have set it up so the various satellites appear at numberd positions, which I then have entered into DVBViewer. Very occasionally (maybe 5% of the time), selecting a channel on a different satellite does move the dish - mostly it doesnt and I have to step it by hand...

All suggestions gratefully received.

..goto service 10510 in the audio section and change the V_pid to 3401 and the video type to H.264 in the channel editor.

Sorry - should have said I did set manually in the channel editor the (correct?) settings on my entry for ITV HD as V-PID 3401, A-PID 3402, StreamID 10510, H.264/Ac3 , PMT-PID 3400, PCR-PID 3401, Service-PID 6306. symbol rate 27500, FEC 2/3 on 11426H

If I look at the audio section I dont have a service 10510?

Still 0% signal strength

If I look at the audio section I dont have a service 10510?

If you scan this transponder (that's what I've understood B) ), service 10510 will be in the audio section cos there is no valid v_pid in the pmt. Can't help you if your reception is poor...

You could try this ini (maybe you have to edit the diseqc setting)

If you scan this transponder (that's what I've understood B) ), service 10510 will be in the audio section cos there is no valid v_pid in the pmt. Can't help you if your reception is poor...

You could try this ini (maybe you have to edit the diseqc setting)

THanks - however same as before - 0% on reception quality. Its very odd. Most channels on 28.5E - at least the ones I can receive are around 45%. Some, where reception is ropey) are around 23%. This one is a solid 0%. Whether the tree leaves affect some frequencies more than others only a propagation expert can guess.

I assume others managed to receive the cup final yesterday then... Shame bout the EPG being on that frequency though!

Thanks for the suggestions, anyway...

The EPG is boradcast on most of the Freesat Transponders, just using less bandwidth. Takes about half an hour to update instead of a few seconds but will update while you're watching the cnannel.

You need to tell DVBViewer to look for it though. See attached screenshot. There are more transponders transmitting the EPG but these are enough for me.