Recording when DVBviewer program is closed

:wacko: hi again :wacko:

I want to set DVBViewer to record at a certain time even when it is closed.

I install DVBViewer Recording Service.

I went into EPG in DVBViewer in timeline view and chose a TV show that would be starting soon. Right click - send to PVR.

I close DVBViewer and wait until the TV show is over but it did not record.

I guess I misunderstand what this service does. :blush:

What do I need to do to set a TV show to automatically record even if DVBViewer is not open?

My pc is always on.

Thank you

Edited by miss_mel

well thanks, I started to follow those instructions but I really don't understand it all and I'm not sure if this will do what I want it to do.

Another program I tried would run as service even when the main program wasn't running, and it would record the things I had set. IS that what this will do?

Yes the Recording Service has to run all the time if the pc is on. You can put the pc in standby or hibernate. Than the pc will start for scheduled recordings as well.

Yes the Recording Service has to run all the time if the pc is on. You can put the pc in standby or hibernate. Than the pc will start for scheduled recordings as well.

well I guess I'm really stupid coz I can't get it to work. I don't really understand it all. It seems like a lot of fiddling just to get recording service working :blush:

I think I have followed all the instructions correctly, when I click "test" in DVBViewer/options/recording service it says "DVBViewer Recording Service 1. 5.0.2 (beta) (SATELLITE7)".

But when I try to choose a chnnel in DVBViewer it says No Hardware Found.

what have I done wrong? :blush:

Even if you used autoserver detection please check in the RecordigService DVBServer options wether the controlserver and unicast-Serverports are correctly identical.

Is the controlserver IP set to use always the same IP and not to dynamic?

And is your tunerhardware in DVBViewer set to "do not use"?

Even if you used autoserver detection please check in the RecordigService DVBServer options wether the controlserver and unicast-Serverports are correctly identical.

Is the controlserver IP set to use always the same IP and not to dynamic?

And is your tunerhardware in DVBViewer set to "do not use"?

They are identical now? I think.. see new picture

yes, in DVBViewer options hardware setting my device is set to "do not use"

I changed the port numbers to make them match.. and now if I click on a channel it is just a black screen. no picture no audio. But it says playing, and the timer at the bottom is ticking

post-82485-1244105725_thumb.jpg