Unicast WOL

CX23882-19

I have a dedicated PC running the DVBViewer Recording Service, and I connect to this via Unicast "tuners" in the DVBViewer clients. The server sleeps when not in use and is configured for Wake-on-LAN. I initially had it configured to wake on directed packet, but I found that it was waking at times when it wasn't actually required, so I've now set it to only respond to a magic packet.

I currently use a batch file to start DVBViewer after running a Wake-on-LAN utility to send a magic packet, and this works fine. By the time that DVBViewer has finished starting up the computer has woken. It's a bit messy though, and I only really need to have the server awake for DVB-S, because some of the client PCs have DVB-T tuners in themselves.

So, what I am requesting is for the ability for DVBViewer's "Unicast tuner" to send a magic packet only when the unicast tuner itself is initialised.

Edited by CX23882-19

Have a look at the actions.ini

Service Wake on LAN=8275

Use this as a commandline parameter :

DVBViewer.exe -x8275

Read more in the changelog of the DVBViewer about WOL and service.