Video frezes when advertisement comes or broadcast returns to movie

soundguy

hello, i ve got the last version of DVBViewer with dscaler for mpeg2(+coreavc for hd) and ac3filter, with the last version of directx and nvidia drivers installed on my windows xp sp3 pc.

when i'm watching tv broadcast and advertising comes, in that moment video sudennly freezes, but i can still hear audio of advertisings.

also when advertisings end and movie broadcast should continue, in that moment video also freezes, and i'm still able to hear audio.

fast solution is to switch to another channel and then switch back to desired channel again. but this is not very nice.

that happens to me only with vmr9 renderer. when i switch to overlay mixer, everything is ok.

i also tried to switch on vmr9 nvidia fix, and yuv mixing. nothing helped. i also tried to turn on direct tunning in hardware settings.

can you help me to solve this?

use a better videodecoder.

ok.. i will try to do that and then i'm gonna post if that solved the problem. thank you.

some recommendation for good mpeg2 videodecoder? i know dozens of videodecoders, but i'm unable to compare them and say which are good and which are bad..

ok i've tried elecard hd codec, dated somewhere about 06/2008.

and it seems that it works fine now, also in desired vmr9 mode. great.

but.. another issue(not as big as the first one, but also annoying)

when i'm moving mainwindows of DVBViewer with video running, mouse with dragged window freezes every 3-5 seconds. no matter if i use overlay mixer or vmr7 or vmr9 as a renderer.

is this also problem of video decoder, or something else.

i searched forums.. but without satisfying results.

after some time.. and few restarts later..

everything went back to normal. problem behaviour of program is gone.

probably solution was really to use the better mpeg2 decoder.

i've tried elecard hd decoder and gabest mpeg video decoder and both are ok.

thank you for your help. you can close this topic.