Black screen for all outputs

drlandau

Bought and downloadet the latest DVBViewer version yesterday to use with a Hauppauge DVB-T stick on an semi-old Packard Bell laptop with a VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP graphics adapter (somewhat crappy adapter).

The stick works on other computers - and on the Packard Bell when using the software bundled with a BlueTinum USB stick (OEM stick from ALDI, software "http://www.bluetinum.net/Files/8564/DVB-T%20Software%201.2%20+%20Serienummer.exe"), though on some DVB-T channels the subtitles are missing - hence I bought DVBViewer hoping it would work better.

BUT in DVBViewer all I get is a black screen no matter what I specify in DirectX Video Renderer (VMR7/9, EVR, Overlay Mixer, System Default etc.).

The sounds works fine. I have also tried the various VMR options with no luck.

How come the OEM software works and shows the vdeo feed when DVBViewer doesn't no matter what I try?

Any settings we can change?

Thanks,

Nicolaj

Bought and downloadet the latest DVBViewer version yesterday to use with a Hauppauge DVB-T stick on an semi-old Packard Bell laptop with a VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP graphics adapter (somewhat crappy adapter).

The stick works on other computers - and on the Packard Bell when using the software bundled with a BlueTinum USB stick (OEM stick from ALDI, software "http://www.bluetinum.net/Files/8564/DVB-T%20Software%201.2%20+%20Serienummer.exe"), though on some DVB-T channels the subtitles are missing - hence I bought DVBViewer hoping it would work better.

BUT in DVBViewer all I get is a black screen no matter what I specify in DirectX Video Renderer (VMR7/9, EVR, Overlay Mixer, System Default etc.).

The sounds works fine. I have also tried the various VMR options with no luck.

How come the OEM software works and shows the vdeo feed when DVBViewer doesn't no matter what I try?

Any settings we can change?

Thanks,

Nicolaj

Hello (Hej Nicolaj)

Did you install BDA drivers. It is needed to use the stick with DVBViewer

Hello (Hej Nicolaj)

Did you install BDA drivers. It is needed to use the stick with DVBViewer

Hi, hmm, I actually had problems finding the drivers for the stick on Hauppauge's site (kinda crappy site), so I am unsure about that.

It is a Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T USB stick.

Does anyone now about BDA drivers or this one?

Thanks a lot.

/Nicolaj