issue dvbviewer with double lnb works with other soft

Guilbon

Hi,

I new in DVBViewer. I bought it for his HD capabiulities BUT I'm not able to configure properly my system.

I have a firedtv S2 sat with one lnb pointed at 19.2E (LNB 1) and one at 28.2 E(LNB2).

I tried to use transedit, scan with DVBViewer but failled miserably!!

evrything works with another dvb soft. when i scan with DVBViewer i loose my signal into the other dvb soft and need to reboot to get it back.

Can someone help me to set up the system properly?

Hi,

I new in DVBViewer. I bought it for his HD capabiulities BUT I'm not able to configure properly my system.

I have a firedtv S2 sat with one lnb pointed at 19.2E (LNB 1) and one at 28.2 E(LNB2).

I tried to use transedit, scan with DVBViewer but failled miserably!!

evrything works with another dvb soft. when i scan with DVBViewer i loose my signal into the other dvb soft and need to reboot to get it back.

Can someone help me to set up the system properly?

Sounds like nobody is able to help me.

Purchased DVBViewer and can not make it work ...

Edited by Guilbon

Wellcome aboard, Guilbon, but:

1) you have to carefully read on top of this post about

"How to post problems/bugs correctly: Always follow these instructions. Otherwise no one can - or wants - to help you!"

2) a DVB card can be used from only one application at time, so to get one work you have to shut down all the others and all their DVB related services...

3) this is a voluntary support forum/community not commercial one, so try first to search in it and please follow the instructions...

:bye:

hello

Here is the zip file created by supporttool.

I went to manual of transedit but could not set up disecq.

hope the zip file with my config will help to progress on this.

Thanks for your help.

support.zip

Edited by Guilbon
could not set up disecq

What do you mean with "could not set up"? What have you tried so far? Please be more verbose...

And, have you already tried to scan channels in both the sat with DiSEqC setted to "none"? And what are the results?

:)

Hi thanks for your time.

I tried to scan using transedit and get all channel from 19.2E lnb 1 when I move to lnb2 28.2, I loose all channels even if I select back a channel on 19.2.

It sounds like the switch between Lnb doesn't work on DVBViewer or my config is not set up properly.

Currently 19.2 is in PosA/OptA and 28.2 is PosB/OptB.

The switch works with other dvb soft.

Sorry If I'm not clear my knowledge is limitted...

:)

I saw on the forum that some people manage 4 lnb. I only need 2 working...

I search the forum to find a tutorial to properly set up DVBViewer with one Dish, 2or 3 lnb and Firedtv card without success.

Edited by Guilbon
Currently 19.2 is in PosA/OptA and 28.2 is PosB/OptB.

Have you already tried PosB/OptA or PosA/OptB for 28.2° East? What are the settings in your other DVB software?

To what kind of switch are the LNBs connected?

I loose all channels even if I select back a channel on 19.2.

That's strange. Obviously the DiSEqC command sent by TransEdit does something, but there's no way back. It seems to set the switch to a "locked" state where it can't be influenced anymore, except by switching LNB power off (resp.reboot).

Usually there are no DiSEqC problems with the FireDTV S2, so I guess it's some special behaviour of your switch interfering with the way DVBViewer/TransEdit are handling DiSEqC.

Something that you can try in TrandEdit:

- Select the Astra 28° East transponder list on the left side.

- Set DiSEqC to Extended. It will let the DiSEqC Editor pop up.

- In the DiSEqC Editor select Switch as Address, Committed (Unchanged) as Command, and Input 4 (PosB/OptB) as Data. Click Insert.

- Click Apply on the left side of the main window and try to scan. Any difference?

Read more about the DiSEqC Editor in the TransEdit Manual.

OK I make it work by using B/A on 28.2 but the switch does not like moving from A/A, B/A, B/B or A/B I had o reboot after every change to find the proper combo between the 3 lnb.

Thanks for your help.