DiSEqC - USALS and Recording Service

Hi, first I would like to thank for the effort to create the new Recording Service, it works great. But as I have recently found out, there are some issues. I use DVBViewer Pro 4.1.1.0 with the Recording Service 1.5.0.2 and I have started using it for satellite reception just recently (I use it for DVB-T already some time). While in the DVBViewer and TransEdit I have no problems, in the Recording service the dish doesn't move at all when it should to (but tuning and recording works fine if the current sat. position is fine). I have TechniSat SkyStar USB 2 HD CI sat receiver. I believe angular positioner commanded by DiSEqC commands should be supported by the service too, so I would like to ask if I am right and if yes, what could be the problem with my setup. I have experienced some problems with positioner support in older versions of TransEdit and DVBViewer Pro when I've tried to use DVBWorld's PCIe DVB-S2 card in the past, whose were caused by improper detection of my exact model of the card as the one where positioner is supported, which has been solved later by an update of both applications, so maybe this is similar sort of problem ?

Please post some more information:

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=2210

Here you are: support.zip .

Btw., I haven't tested yet if the dish will move when the service would initiate shceduled recording, I have tried it only with DVBViewer connected as unicast client, but I believe this should work too as I have only one client and the service was iddle, so the DVBViewer should be able to fully control the tuner in the service (and tunning actually work fine).

please try a recording with the service, this would show, if it is a problem in the communication between viewer and service or a general problem in the service.

I've tried, and it didn't work either. Even probably there was another problem on the first try, as there was nothing in the file created from the channel on the pointed satellite (signal was O.K. but no data saved). But it looks like this was because of encrypted channel, I've tried another FTA and the recording worked there, then after a svc restart, even the CAMed one worked, but no dish movement at all in both cases. So it looks like that the problem is in the service than in the communication.

the recording service and the DVBViewer are in the same folder? since the hardware engine is sourcecode identical with the DVBViewer my guess would be either wrong/missing settings in the channellist and/or the diseqc.xml file.

the recording service and the DVBViewer are in the same folder? since the hardware engine is sourcecode identical with the DVBViewer my guess would be either wrong/missing settings in the channellist and/or the diseqc.xml file.

Yes, both in the same folder. When speaking about the diseqc.xml file, I have my Latitude and Longitude there in decimal number with , instead of . as I have Czech regional settings for the current user. But service run under Local System account and that account has I believe default US format. Might this be a problem ? As I remeber from the time I was troubleshooting USALS problems with DVBWorld card and TransEdit (with Griga I think) he said that internaly he is processing all numbers with dots and it should be even in the config file with dots no matter how it was enetered in the application, but that's obvliously not true, as the file clearly follows the local user's setting when the config is saved/modified.

[EDITED]: I've checked to change the service's account to the same one as used for localuser and it didn't helped.

Edited by RaStr
Might this be a problem ?

It might. I'll have to check it. I remember something similar because the system account worked with other locals settings.

So problem identified ! Finally ;) !

The problem is really in the diseqc.xml file, now I've changed regional settings for local user to US format, opened TransEdit and position info was lost there ! (The file contained dashed numbers). When I've entered my position again and saved, the file reverted to a dotted format !. Then I've restarted the service and it seems to be working, so definitively there is a flaw in the service and probable in the DVBViewer and TransEdit too, with correct handling of numbers when saved/reloaded from .xml file ! While TransEdit and DVBViewer handles them in local format the service expects US dotted one when accessing the .xml file. What's even stranger is that in the DVBViewer the edit box is expecting number in localized format (i.e. with dot or dash depending on current Country setup), TransEdit expects and displays them always in dotted format! And your service most probably understands US dotted format only. So please, try to agree with DVBViewer and TransEdit authors on common method, fixed dotted format seems to me the least problematic one. Thanks.

this combination will not only cause trouble for diseqC, it will most likely cause all kinds of problems in the interaction of the DVBViewer and the service... ;)

this combination will not only cause trouble for diseqC, it will most likely cause all kinds of problems in the interaction of the DVBViewer and the service... ;)

Well, might be but I haven't experineced any such problems so far and I was using it for DVB-T only for some weeks. I think that inside application and in the inter-application communication numbers and time varibales are transferred in binary formats, so it doesn't matter much as local settings are used for a display/entry interfaces only, aren't they ? So it looks like that there are problems only with .xml files.