Zero-size files recorded

This wierd problem has occured a second time to me today: I am recording three seqential timings (which means that the second one starts at the moment when the first one ends and so on) every day, which usually works as expected, all three from the same DVB-T channel. But about a week ago, I have experienced, that while first recording was fine, the second file was empty and the third one was fine again. Today it has happened again, not with the same channel, but all recordings were from the same transport stream. I have updated to the latest RC2 Recordingservice beta after the first failure, but even with that I've lost 3 recordings out of 5 in today's run. Any idea, what can be wrong ?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everybody! I have a problem similar at RaStr, I tried to make a recording at 23:45 on a frequency and another recording at 5:00 on another frequency. The second recording is good but the first no. Thanks for the help!

support.zip

Edited by RobbyRally

Hi,

Hello everybody! I have a problem similar at RaStr, I tried to make a recording at 23:45 on a frequency and another recording at 5:00 on another frequency. The second recording is good but the first no. Thanks for the help!

it seems to be a problem with the tv card. The service tries to restart the recording again and again but without success.

Are you using the newest drivers?

Also you could try to set the retune time to 10s and enable the reset after the standby in the hardware setup of the service .

Regards

Prinz

Thank for the answer Prinz. Yes, the driver are the newest, i will try your advices. :D

Edited by RobbyRally

Seems like your Hardware is set to normal in DVBV and the unicast is set to preferred.

Please set the hardware to "do not use".

Should only effect if watching tv same time, but who knows.

• 1 month later...

After i put "stop stream while tuning" in the menu option all files seem fine B) (i tried a lot of recordings)

My setup is in order motorized dish and 13E fix dish that enter in a diseqc 1.0. Then in the out of the diseqc there is a clarke-tech and then from lnb out of clarke there is skystar hd2.

:)