Shutdown Warning Timer

Not at the moment. the warning is globally set to 30 seconds and is issued by the service.

It would be nice if this could be handled more intelligently. I've had it happen several times already that I was away for only a few minutes and the system would suspend. That's an annoying situation I'd have to say.

If the Viewer/Service could keep track of user activities and set the timer according to that, it might make things easier for the user. For example: shut down immediately after recording or 5 minutes after last user activity, which ever comes last.

In my case I'd like an option to only suspend if the screen is locked.

on another note: It would be nice to get a popup if the service/viewer intercepted a manual suspension

CU

Aydan

I'd like to add my thoughts. I have to say I don't have any answers but hope this can help.

The shutdown issue is a bit of a problem for me. DVBViewer runs my HTPC, which sits under my TV and is controlled using a remote control. I can't and don't want to use a mouse and keyboard on it. The recording service records a lot of programmes.

Every night I have the problem of going to the DVBViewer shut down menu, selecting 'Stand by' and the machine stays on because something is recording. I'm tired, I've had a drink and I want to go to bed. Instead I find myself having to start up a PC, fire up a web browser, go to the home page, find the last timer tonight, edit it it to stand by on completion then shut down again. It would be nice if the standby command, when detecting that there is a recording running, changed the 'after completion' task for that recording to stand by when the recording finished. That way I can just press standby, go to bed and not worry. I don't want to leave my HTPC on all night - I wouldn't get time to turn it off before I go to work so then it would just be on all the time.

Another option is for me to set all my EPG searches to standby after completion but then I would get the same problem as the poster here. I would want to have at least 10 minutes warning I think.

Edited by uglyned