Error In User Data

AdamShaw

I have a legally downloaded copy of DVBViewer from this website. However every 15 minutes or so of use results in a crash with the error, "Error In Userdata".

Please find attached my support tool upload.

My graphics card is an ATI Radeon 4850 1GB (HDMI audio/video output) driver ver. 8.612.0.0 28/4/09

My motherboard is a Gigabyte P35C-DS3R driver ver 8.3.0.1014 3/5/07 (Intel P35 chipset)

My TV Tuner is Hauppauge WinTV 88x DVB-S/S2 Tuner/Demod driver ver 2.123.27056.0 25/2/09

OS Vista 32 Home Premium.

I'd appreciate a quick resolution as I spent a lot of money on my HTPC and my wife is giving me ear ache :)

Thanks

support.zip

I have further investigated this and the cause of the crash is the ATI HDMI Audio driver. I have downloaded the latest 2.26 version from Realtek and the problem persists.

Can you fix this?

If I roll back to the previous ATI HDMI driver then I am back to square one, 20 minutes or so TV and then crash. With the new drivers DVBViewer will not start at all.

Returned to restore point so settings were as in first post. I am now able to view DVBViewer again but with the continuing error as before.

I am using the last stable FFDShow 28/12/2008.

Updated HDMI driver and ATI display driver to latest versions and intermittent crashing persists.

FFDShow tryout 14/6/2009 causes immediate crash.

Are you using hdmi. If not disable the ati hdmi audio and switch ban to on-board audio which offers more channels sometimes.

You had cyberlinnk DVD decoder on your system but files are missing.

I would stay away from fddshow in the first place and stick with cyberlink dvd decoder.

Conclusion: re-install cyberlink software

Under optiones / directX:

Videodecoders: cyberlink

audiodecoder: on -board audio

You can start again with fddshow after the system is stable.

Edited by Benarty

I take it you're not a fan of FFDShow then. I did have Cyberlink software but uninstalled as I don't want to pay for the software.

Can I get the CODECS for free somewhere?

I do use the HDMI audio and wanted to keep it because of the benefits of HDMI 1.3 functionality with my Yamaha receiver.

I particularly like the YADIF deinterlacer, can I use this without FFDShow?